It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epstein Barr Virus (EBV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-16-2003, 10:50 AM   #1

virtualayla HB User
Post Where do I find info on EBV?

I'm 19 years old and have been struggling with chronic fatigue for the past year. Like anyone else I've been running all over the place trying everything that I think might be helpful and having any test done that could be pertinent. I recently started seeing a new doctor and she asked if I had been tested for epstein bar virus. I couldn't remember for sure, although thought that I had been and it had been negative. Well, I just got a note in the mail saying that my EBV test was indeed positive.
I have since then been looking in any book or website I can find trying to gain a clearer understanding of what exactly EBV is, the ways it can affect a person and various treatment options. Does anyone have personal information they can share or resources they know of? I have been having a hell of a time coming up with anything that seems truly informative and useful.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
-Ayla

Old 06-23-2003, 05:16 AM   #2
Inactive

peregrine HB User
"Epstein-Barr virus, frequently referred to as EBV, is a member of the herpesvirus family and one of the most common human viruses. The virus occurs worldwide, and most people become infected with EBV sometime during their lives. In the United States, as many as 95% of adults between 35 and 40 years of age have been infected. Infants become susceptible to EBV as soon as maternal antibody protection (present at birth) disappears. Many children become infected with EBV, and these infections usually cause no symptoms or are indistinguishable from the other mild, brief illnesses of childhood."

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-25-2003, 06:44 PM   #3
Inactive

sunset HB User
hi
yes epstien barr virus is a herpes virus
it is true that most people have had ebv by adulthood but some people end up getting chronic fatigue from the virus
i did and i ended up very ill for over 12 months with severe panic ansd anxiety..........chronic fatigue could be your problem
look it up on the net,,,it sure ruined my life and left me a nervous wreck....also look up M E that is the same thing but was called ME before it was called chronic fatigue
my best to you sunset

Closed Thread