It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epstein Barr Virus (EBV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-25-2005, 07:48 PM   #1
(male)

TCPA HB User
EBV Recovery

For anyone that has recovered from EBV, I have a question regarding the recovery. My dr. believes I have a case of reactived EBV. After resting for the past few months, I notice there are times where I feel almost normal for a few hours a day. My question is, during the recovery, does EBV typically just go away one day or does it proceed like I am experiencing. Feeling better mores hours each day as time goes on until eventually you feel fine again.

I guess I am just trying to get hope in the fact that the few hours of feeling OK is the normal healing process and to feel positive about it.

Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-08-2005, 07:32 PM   #2
(male)

Broken Wings HB User
Re: EBV Recovery

What are you feeling symtom wise I recently tested positive for EBV and I feel weird sometimes too.

Last edited by Broken Wings; 07-08-2005 at 07:33 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-09-2005, 02:28 PM   #3
(male)

TCPA HB User

My doctor basically pushed large doses of anti-depressants and said it will take time for the EBV to go away. From what I found on my own research, a healthy diet, rest, and exercise (at a low level), are about all you can do.

I would be interested in knowing if your doctor recommended anything different.

Old 07-10-2005, 01:19 PM   #4
(male)

Broken Wings HB User

Wasyour IgG count high because that what they said about my results, And yes that what the told me to stay active and eat well. What pushed to you to see the doc Symtom wise. What were you feeling.

Last edited by Broken Wings; 07-10-2005 at 01:21 PM.

Old 07-11-2005, 10:03 AM   #5
(male)

TCPA HB User

The main reason I went to the dr was that I felt, for lack of a better term, yucky. I felt like I had a weak version of the flu. Achy, tired, etc. So they did the blood work but never gave me the specifics. They ran another EBV blood test on Thur, so when they get the results, I am going to have them go over it in detail.

Old 07-12-2005, 02:19 PM   #6
(male)

Broken Wings HB User

Please reply and let me know what goes on. If you would, ask them what a high IgG count could possibily mean, A recent infection about a month after exposure or a reactivation. Id do it myself but I have no med insurance, my bills are already through the roof. If you could help Id grealy appreciate it

Last edited by Broken Wings; 07-12-2005 at 02:21 PM.

Old 07-19-2005, 01:44 PM   #7
Inactive
(female)

terrienne HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCPA
For anyone that has recovered from EBV, I have a question regarding the recovery. My dr. believes I have a case of reactived EBV. After resting for the past few months, I notice there are times where I feel almost normal for a few hours a day. My question is, during the recovery, does EBV typically just go away one day or does it proceed like I am experiencing. Feeling better mores hours each day as time goes on until eventually you feel fine again.

I guess I am just trying to get hope in the fact that the few hours of feeling OK is the normal healing process and to feel positive about it.

Any comments would be greatly appreciated.
I have been waiting for a recovery of EBV since June of 04' !
However I have, ' Chronic EBV ' ! So, I have no idea how long I will feel like
crap ! I go to a ' Doctor of Infectious Diseases ', but they don't seem to have any answers about what can be done for this !

This may depend on age... I am fiftyish, and too old for this stuff !
My symptoms are : low temp., achy joints, general feeling of having the flu,
swollen and painful parotid glands (slava glands, the glands where you have
the MUMPS !), total fatigue, and sometimes I can't stay out of bed.
Arthritis is worse. And, I also have Fibromylgia !

I hope this doesn't sound negative. Maybe you are much younger than me.
Are you going to a ' Doctor of Infectious Diseases ? '
This can all be checked with blood work.

I hope something out of this will help...,
Take Care,
Gee Gee

My Doctor told me that this can't reocccur unless you are a teenager.

Closed Thread