It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epstein Barr Virus (EBV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2009, 12:54 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

cady113 HB User
Epstein Barr Virus

I have been diagnosed with active E B V and Chronic Fatigue. This is by far the most debilitating illness to afect me in my 48 years. I have had to take a paid leave from my job and with no real inormation on just how long I can expect this to keep me down it has spurred a lot of other symptoms and problems. Docs tell me there are no clear cut answers. There has to be something to help as I have a very good job, active family life and I eel as if I am up against a brick wall. Please if anyone knows any treatment at all, holistic or otherwise I would greatly appreciate your input. Thank you.
Miserable in west coast Florida

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-09-2009, 07:38 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Truthseek HB UserTruthseek HB UserTruthseek HB UserTruthseek HB User
Re: Epstein Barr Virus

Sorry you are feeling so miserable. Although Epstein is in the herpes family the typical herpes we deal with here are type 1 (cold sores) and type 2 (genital herpes).

Have you tried the "Chronic Fatigue" board here at heathboards? I'm sure there are people there who could help you in your search for knowledge and treatments.

My very dear friend has suffered from this for years. Years before they really had a clue what it was or official name. Every doctor diagnosed his situation as 'just depression'. Was very frustrating for him.

Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-12-2009, 03:19 PM   #3
(female)

ANGELINMICHIGAN HB UserANGELINMICHIGAN HB User
Re: Epstein Barr Virus

Cady, I just read your post on Epstein Barr Virus. I would like to know what all of your symptoms are please. It is very important to me. I know I tested positive years ago for the Epstein and CMV Virus and I have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Myofascial Pain, TMJ and Fibromyalgia. I have had failed neck surgery on C5/6 6/7 and have cadaveur bones in between my discs and held together with titanium pins and plates. I have suffered for years in Chronic Pain and just talking to someone on the other boards I guess I said that I had Epstein Barr Virus which I don't think about much at all. Now someone has told me that I have all of the symptoms of Epstein Barr and all of this could be causing all of my pain and symptoms. I am very interested to here how you are feeling and am very sorry for your suffering. I know this isn't easy at all. Take care Lyn in Michigan

Closed Thread