It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epstein Barr Virus (EBV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-23-2011, 10:17 AM   #1
(female)

zsa zsa HB User
EBV or Fibromyalgia or Lyme or MS?... Help!

I'm not sure what is wrong with me, and I'm convinced that my doctors aren't either!
For years I have have reoccuring times of great fatugue and muscle pain. These flare ups will last for weeks. The past 2 years have been the worst. I've had multiple medical tests, etc. Last year I lost 49 lbs without trying. I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia - but, I have always had reservations about whether I fit in that catagory or not.

6 weeks ago I started feeling really bad again and also just happened to have a tick bite on my scalp about the same time, which got swollen and red. A week later my right eye swelled up to the size of a golf ball - I couldn't open it. The eye doctor said I had a Staph infection underneath my eyelid (open white sore when you pull back my eyelid and look under it) and put me on 7 days of antibodics. My general doctor did a Lyme test (within 5 days of the tick bite) and it came back negative. But she put me on 10 days of doyxclin..? I have contined to feel worse - muscles, fatigue and now both my eyes are swelling (not as bad as at first though). Last week my doctor did another Lyme test which also came back negative - She also said I had symptoms of MS (facial drooping and numbness) so I had an MRI w/contrast done. I have not gotten the results back from the MRI yet.

She also did the Mono/Epstein Barr test and it came back positive, so now I'm really confused. Could I have a reoccuring EBV instead of Fibro? Could I have been having MS flares instead of Fibro flares? Plus, my eye doctor is convinced my eye infection is from Lyme and my general doctor says it's not. The staph sore is reappearing under my eyelid again.

Here are my EBV results (any insight would be so appreciated):

The lab shows that all of the below test ranges are for Negative results it would be >0.9 & for Positive >1.0

My Epstein Barr Test Results
VCA-IgM: <0.2 (Negative)
EA-IgG (Early Antigen): 2.8 (Positive)
VCA-IgG: >8.0 (Positive and seems very high)
NA-ABS (Nuclear Antigen) IgG: >8.0 (Positive and also seems very high)

I've read there is maybe a connection between EBV & MS. Now I'm nervous about my MRI results because I'm concerned that I have had MS Flares all along instead of Fibro Flares? Has this happened to anyone?

I am very tired of doctors guessing over the years. Last Dec I had my Gallbladder removed! Maybe not even necessary.... I'm tired and broke from med tests - any thoughts would help me try to figure this thing out. I don't have much faith in my doctors putting much thought into it once I walk out of their office.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread