It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epstein Barr Virus (EBV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2011, 09:55 AM   #1
(female)

ceejaydj HB User
High rt3, normal tsh, ft4 and ft3, what can it mean?

Hi all,
I have been on 100mg for 3-4 months now and some of the symtoms that slowly disapeared after taking 50mg are all starting to come back, i feel dreadful and the hair loss is still as bad as ever.
In the 3-4 months i have had my bloods checked my tsh has always dropped, last one being 1.6 but my ft4 has always remained around 11. Eventhough i feel i am going backwards.

I took a saliva test which comfirmed that my cortisol and dhea levels are within normal range so my adrenals are not to blame (i hope not).

I know my freirtin and b12 are on the low side and i have a gp appointment tomorrow to discuss my results so i will be asking for an up to date test of fettitin, b12, vit d and floate. (anything else?)

Here are my results that i had this morning from Genova...

t4 103 (58-154)

tsh 1.00 (0.4-4.0)

ft4 16.3 (10-22)

ft3 4.39 (2.8-6.5)

ft4 : ft3 ratio 3.7 (2.0-4.5)

reverse t3 0.52 (0.14-0.54)

thyroglobulin tg 20 (0-40)

peroxidase tpo 10 (0-35)

Commentary (based on them not knowing my history):
All results are within the optimal range. Indicating PROBABLE optimal thyroid function.
However individual blood indices are notoriously insensitive to mild or borderline cases of primary
hypothyroidism. In the event that a patient is suffering from all the classic signs and symptoms of low
thyroid. It is often more efficatious to look at more functional criteria such as basal body temperature and
urine thyroid hormone studies to futher investigate a possible sub-clinical or mild hypothyroid condition..

Reverse T3 (rT3) levels appear to be higher than is considered to be optimal. This may represent
a mild shift in the conversion of T4 to rT3 away from the active form of T3.

The results look good except for the reverse t3.

Does anyone know why i might still be feeling very much hypo when my results say a different story? Does it mean i have a convertion problem? if so how do i deal with it?
Thank you

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread