It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epstein Barr Virus (EBV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2011, 02:47 PM   #1
(female)

star1723 HB User
EBV-so confused!

I have been suffering from major fatigue, brain fog, low grade fever, body aches and upper abdominal discomfort for over 3 months now. They tested me for about everything,and the only lab results that were abnormal was a slightly elevated ALT of 55. About 10 weeks into being sick (4 weeks ago) they tested me for EBV. The results were: IgG 182.0 U/ml, and ImG of <10 U/ml. My white blood cell count has been fine. One doctor told me that those results showed I didn't have an active infection, but another told me that he believes that EBV is what has been making me sick. I am super confused...

I am a dance instructor and performer by trade, and I eat really good food. Never drink-I am actually a health nut, and very athletic for my age (41)-well for any age really.

Any help I would greatly appreciate

Thanks

The following user gives a hug of support to star1723:
sklilleoien (12-20-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-20-2011, 04:29 PM   #2
(female)

sklilleoien HB User
Re: EBV-so confused!

Star1723 - -

I'm sorry you're getting the run around. There isn't enough known about this virus for all doctors to be on the 'same page'.. Maybe my story can help you..

I can look back at my health history and see Epstein Barr flare-ups coming and going over the past 7 years. I'll get really sick.. for months on end of intense fatigue, brain fog, achey/arthritic feeling, painful joints.. and all of a sudden it would go away and I'd be good for a while just to have it reoccur again. We've spent nearly $20,000 on medical bills to get NOWHERE. I was so fatigued that I would sleep all the time and I ended up gaining 70# and becoming a serious diabetic.

This month, it was recommended I go to another type of doctor by a lady at our church in our new community. On the FIRST VISIT he tested for this and this is what we found;

Viral Capsid Ag, IgG recommended 0.0-21.9 U/mL- - - My result was 199.9 U/mL
Viral Capsid Ag, IgM recommended 0.0-43.9 U/mL- - - My result was <10.0 U/mL
Nuclear Ag, IgG recommended 0.0-21.9 U/mL- - - My result was >599.9 U/mL
Early (D) Ag, IgG recommended 0.0-10.9 U/mL- - - My result was <5.0 U/mL

I know that these numbers aren't like yours but here's the point. Epstein Barr is a Virus. Normally people get this virus and under most circumstances it lays fairly dormant in your system. Like me, your numbers are elevated (not as bad as mine but still elevated).
As a virus, usually a doctor will tell you, "viruses need to run its course". The doctor (naturopathic physician) I'm seeing is recommending I.V. infusions of vitamins and minerals that are designed to "boost" my immune system with hopes of stopping this cycle. We agree that if my immune system were "normal" that this virus would be dormant. My doctor says that there are a lot of reasons my my immune system might be too low to deal with this virus effectively. (the fact that I've had radiation treatments for cancer 9 years ago.. stress of divorce, remarriage and blended families... moving from Minnesota to California.

My thoughts about what I read in your post is for you to figure out why this happened and fix the cause of the virus not remaining dormant and theoretically it will stay there. Find a good doctor. ("good" doesn't need to be a big facility.. ) Find a doctor that works with this stuff. Research, research, research.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread