It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epstein Barr Virus (EBV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2012, 03:44 PM   #1
(female)

chinchillalover HB User
Question Mono and ebv the same?

Hi everyone, I am new here. I've reading thru some posts and its pretty overwhelming.. I'm 44 years old, Ive had Breast Cancer at 29 years old, thankfully no signs of reoccurence. I have allergies, exzema, asthma, depression.
When I was around 19 I had mono. Lately things have been really tough with my depression and working and my home environment as my husband of 23 years is an alcoholic. I guess what Im wondering is if my health problems could all be connected to that bout of mono so long ago? I'm fairly certain I told my pcp about the mono when I first started seeing him but he either hasnt made the connection or doesnt think there is one.
I'm confused about the idea of lab work.. If youve had mono wouldnt the antibodies for ebv show up? Should I run this past my doctor? I can tell you that I never really felt "healthy" again after the mono, even my teeth seem to have suffered since then. As of now I'm on my second leave from my job (was out previously in oct 2011 for 2 months due to depression)
Does any of this sound familiar or make any sense to any of you?
Any feedback would be appreciated and I thank you in advance.
Sorry for all my rambling!

Closed Thread