It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epstein Barr Virus (EBV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-23-2013, 08:46 AM   #1
(male)

voodooace HB User
EBV one and a half year

I am writing this to seek for your help with my brother's sickness. he has Epstein-Barr virus (EBV) which causes different symptoms on him for over a year. For normal patient, they should heal in a short period but my brother could not kill the virus. I am a biology student therefore I am quite interested in this case.

the laboratory report in a 01/31/2012 and 13/6/2013 both show a high amount of IgG but no IgM which indicates the body is not experiencing chronic infection but still has a high IgG for a long period of time

Do you have any suggestion or answer about this? Or have you heard about similar cases. Is it about his immune system has problem with specific EBV? High amount of IgG should be able to cure the virus, why is it still in my brother's body?

Old 08-06-2013, 03:19 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

ned656 HB User
I cannot answers your questions, but here is food for thought. I was dx with MS and spent months researching, being the techie that I am. I have found several articles relating MS, especially relapses, to extremely high EBV antibodies. Meaning, when an MS patient is in a relapse, their EBV antibodies are through the roof. I am 30 and dx in December 2012. Never had mono or any symptoms of it.

I don't mean to scare you, but since you said you are biology student, you may want to look into it.

Also, check out Resveratrol, it is found in red grapes and peanuts. Resveratrol seems to help with several disorders, especially MS and EBV.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply