It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epstein Barr Virus (EBV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-23-2013, 07:20 AM   #1
(female)

Monomonster HB User
Monomonster

So last year at this exact time (right after my birthday) i got mono.. Worst experience of my life... I was misdiagnosed with strep and was given antibiotics which is knows to make a viral infection l(like mono) worse. after 2 days of taking the antibiotics i was at the point where i couldn't get a sip of water down or barely even take a breath. My throat was completely closed up. I went to the hospital and they told me i had mono. They put me on steroids (not sure what they were called) and when i started those my throat felt so much better and my body started to slowly feel better. Along with the steroids i drank tons of green tea (for the antioxidants) and ate plenty of foods rich with vitamin C.

Recently Due to it being my birthday 5 days ago, i barely slept at all for atleast 3 days. Two nights ago i went to bed with a sore throat and woke up with a worse one I looked at my throat and it looks and feels just like when i had mono. Im scared my throat will close up again. I feel miserable, and im so angry because the two weeks leading up to my birthday i spent in the hospital for an infected spider bite on my leg. So anyways aside from all my bad luck im trying to decide what I should do about this, i took some vitamin C pills (one last night, one this morning) ive had about 4 cups of tea, tons of ice water, and a cup of orange juice. To eat i had a banana and thats it (its harder to get food down my throat) i feel like this is mono, and I've heard that once you have it it sits dormant...although in some cases it will come back ( though not as bad) idk if i should just keep taking the vitamins and tea and see if it goes away but like i said im scared my throat will close up again due to the swelling. I know the smarter thing would be to go to a doctor and have them tell me for sure that the mono has come back, and maybe put me back on the steroids that made my throat feel so much better, but i don't have health insurance and as i mentioned i just got out of the hospital ($$$$$) so i have a dilemma and my throat kills.. Any advice would be appreciated. Keep in mind its been a year since i first got mono, is this gonna happen for the rest of my life or is this just a rare thing that probably won't come back... Again.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply