It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2003, 06:01 PM   #1

sdogg203 HB User
How to get rid of man boobs?

I use to be fat and chubby but then i lost alot of weight and fat but i still got a flabby stomach and man boobs. I weight lift and i just started to run on the treadmill. Is there any exercise that can particulary isolate my pecks so i can turn my boobs into muscle. The boobs are real soft so i know its fat. I am an althetic person now but it looks like i am one of those fat ppl who are strong but not defined. P.S. i am 6'1 and weigh 158lbs 15yrs old. HOw can turn that fat into muscle and would i have to change my diet to do this? i really dont want to lose weight but gain weight!

Old 11-10-2003, 10:23 PM   #2

Desert Rat HB User
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdogg203
I use to be fat and chubby but then i lost alot of weight and fat but i still got a flabby stomach and man boobs. I weight lift and i just started to run on the treadmill. Is there any exercise that can particulary isolate my pecks so i can turn my boobs into muscle. The boobs are real soft so i know its fat. I am an althetic person now but it looks like i am one of those fat ppl who are strong but not defined. P.S. i am 6'1 and weigh 158lbs 15yrs old. HOw can turn that fat into muscle and would i have to change my diet to do this? i really dont want to lose weight but gain weight!
Keep eating clean and kick up the cardiovascular activity. If you're not already, start taking a multivitamin with at least three units of Vitamin E, and drink at least 3/4 a Gallon of water a day. This will help your skin tone up.

I lost over 14 inches off of my waist three years ago, and loose skinn was a problem for a while, but in time it will come.

Also, you cannot lose fat in just one place. You will lose it all over your body.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-11-2003, 09:04 AM   #3

DconnMLB18 HB User
Well if want to gain muscle and you dont have a spotter, start doing sets of push ups this will probably start to build muscle before you go into the weights section. Also keep eating good and start doing more cardio.

Old 11-11-2003, 11:18 AM   #4

Desert Rat HB User
Quote:
Originally Posted by DconnMLB18
Well if want to gain muscle and you dont have a spotter, start doing sets of push ups this will probably start to build muscle before you go into the weights section. Also keep eating good and start doing more cardio.
Actually, Head on back to the weight section, and do compound movements with dumbells instead of barbells. Not only will this help you grow, but it will safely help your synergist and stabilizer muscles develop, to help you lift even more.

Dconn has a great point as well, although. Whenever lifting heavy, it's always good to have someone spotting you, making sure you're doing the movement correctly and safely. I've had trouble before, and have come close to hurting myself a few times when I started, all at the expense of my pride.

Don't be afraid to ask a fellow Gym Rat for a spot. They may have thier game faces on, but more likely than not, they'll have no problem helping you.

Closed Thread