It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-20-2004, 09:48 PM   #1

OverTheStatic HB User
Jailhouse Workout? (push-ups, sit-ups, pullups)

ive been training to build mass for a while and have gotten decently big...but when the summer comes i want to tone the muscle and lose a little body fat...i was planning on doing different varieties of push-ups, sit ups, pull ups, dips, and for legs i guess i would still use wieghts, just lighter...(i would do cardio daily)

is this a good workout for my goals? am i missing any muscle group? is the cardio going to work against toning muscles?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-22-2004, 10:15 PM   #2

Benjammin108 HB User
Re: Jailhouse Workout? (push-ups, sit-ups, pullups)

I have been doing this for some time now. Everyday when I wake up before i take my daily shower and get ready for school, and every night, before i brush my teeth and what not. It really mostly tones the body. if you want to get big muscels, the weight room is where it is at, but this simple routine has worked wonders. it really helps for toning up your stomach, i have a 6 pack from this workout.

20 pushups
30 sit ups
20 push ups
40 sit ups
20 push ups
10 pulls ups
20 push ups
10 pull ups
60 sit ups

then your done!

beautiful workout, one i made myself, and i enjoy it. just put on some music or whatever and you will be done in 5 or 10 min. great workout. try it and post your success!

anyone have any ideas/criticsm for this workout?

tell me!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-23-2004, 08:10 AM   #3
Veteran

mjmaciver HB User

Yeah, when it comes down to the wire for a comp. within a month, I'll do this routine to super shred my body just that extra little bit:

200 push-ups (2 sets of 100)
100 crunches (2 sets of 50
100 chinups (4 sets of 25)
100 Wide Grip Chins (" " " ")
50 high jumps
50 high jumps (tip-toes)
Heavybag for cardio

But yeah, with the exercises you mentioned you pretty much hit everything. throw in some wide grip pull-ups(chins) to hit your back where it counts as well, and don't forget the big D. (diet)

talk to ya later

P.S. I gave my routine as an example, I wouldn't recommend you following it right off the bat if you were planning to. Just start slow and work your way up.

Last edited by mjmaciver; 03-23-2004 at 08:12 AM.

Old 03-23-2004, 11:46 PM   #4

OverTheStatic HB User

thanks for the advice man...but whats "Heavybag"?

Old 03-24-2004, 10:14 AM   #5
Veteran

mjmaciver HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTheStatic
thanks for the advice man...but whats "Heavybag"?
Punching bag. depending on who you buy them from you can get them for not bad prices, but like with alot of products, usually the more expensive it is, the longer it, or the warranty will last you.

talk to ya later

Old 03-25-2004, 03:24 AM   #6

chemicaldreamer HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTheStatic
ive been training to build mass for a while and have gotten decently big...but when the summer comes i want to tone the muscle and lose a little body fat...i was planning on doing different varieties of push-ups, sit ups, pull ups, dips, and for legs i guess i would still use wieghts, just lighter...(i would do cardio daily)

is this a good workout for my goals? am i missing any muscle group? is the cardio going to work against toning muscles?
No, you're going to lose a lot of that hardgained muscles by doing those kind of exercises, and still wont' accomplish what you want. If you want to look like the guys in Men's Health magazines, you'll still need to hit the weights. You don't actually 'tone' your muscles... they're already there, what you need to do is reduce the fat so your muscles become more distinctive. Keep up your weights, but include more cardio into your routine, and eat a better diet.

Old 03-25-2004, 07:32 AM   #7

Nero1986 HB User

Hey, what about the pecs, what excercises(if any can) can you do without weight assistance?

Closed Thread