It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2004, 10:39 PM   #1

Hellokenny HB User
whats wrong with my chest!?!?

hey

i been working out lifting weights for about a year now. but as much as i work on my chest it doesnt seem to get any bigger. well thats not really my problem. my problem is more with the way it looks. it looks as if i have a incaved chest. like the area of my chest near my shoulder and arms are toned but the more it goes to my sternum it goes inward. so like from that area and my stomach all go inward towards my sternum bone. i want it so that my pecs are bigger and come out further than my stomach instead of the other way around. it looks as if my stomach is bloated and my chest is flat. like a V pointing with its point on my sternum if u can picture that. i am skinny so maybe i just need to get more? is it cuz im skinny and im working out and theres no fat or muscle to work out? but then again my friends are thin like me and they look fine. i dont think its my posture as i stand straight. maybe i just need to work out more? or try oter chest exercises? all i do are bench and incline bench presses. if any of you guys can help or know wat im talking about at all it would be great haha =)

Old 04-10-2004, 04:09 PM   #2
Senior Veteran

Evl316 HB User
Re: whats wrong with my chest!?!?

I'm not sure what you're talking about with the shape of your chest. I did have some trouble getting my chest bigger initially though. I was pretty flat chested. I've found what worked best for me was working the chest with dumbells. Do incline and flat with dumbells and then either decline dumbells or dips. 3 sets of each and 8 reps to failure. Make sure you're diet is good so you can build mass and make sure you take enough rest to let your muscles grow. Being a skinny guy diet will be a big key for you to put on mass.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-11-2004, 03:04 PM   #3
Veteran

mjmaciver HB User

I know what you're talking about. Incorporate Close grip bench into your routine. worked wonders for me.

talk to ya later

Old 05-06-2004, 03:45 PM   #4
Inactive
(male)

davelacb HB User

as long as you do good exercise the one about the close grip bench press is a good one dont worry to much about it because the chest is probably the hardest muscle to build.

Closed Thread