It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2004, 04:46 PM   #1
Inactive

Kungpow50 HB User
Please, anyone, help me get rid of this!

Okay, I never wanted to resort to this, but I can't take it anymore. I'm 16 years old and I have a fat chest (man boobs so to speak). I hate it. I've had them since I was 13, The weird thing is, my arms are very very skinny, my legs are pretty thin too, but fat stores in my stomach and chest, i went on a diet a couple months ago, I burnt 600 calories a day on the treadmill, ate very little, i lost pounds but the man boobs don't go away, then for a couple of weeks i ate normally, then i got devoted again, now here is my new diet: please read: In the morning, i eat a bowl of rice crispies cereal with skim milk, at lunch i have a turkey sandwich with carrots, then later i burn 600 calories on the treadmill, then later i eat a fruit, after that i weightlift on INCLINE, will this get rid of them? I weigh 158 (down from 195), im 6 foot, i dont know why i have them, but theyre here, its been my dream to get a fit body, going from burger king to 600 calories a day on treadmill is a huge thing, but, it will mean nothing if i cant get the body i want, im actually doing something about it, my diet is less than 1000 calories a day, iv given up all hope, i hate my life sometimes cuz of bad luck, please, i mean please Someone help me, this is really embarrassing, and i cant stand it!

Old 04-12-2004, 06:32 PM   #2
Inactive

Laurie2 HB User
Re: Please, anyone, help me get rid of this!

I have a 6' foot daughter also. 158 is way too low for your height Actually 180 is about right. From your description, you are way too thin for your height and bonestructure I bet. (my daughter is largeboned)

"The body I want". Well what is that body? You want to be fit, healthy and strong.
When I was 16, everyone wanted to look like Cher and Twiggy. I could not look like that. My body shape would not let me. So I was teased and went into anguish for it ..for years. I rode a 10 speed all over my city as my exercise, so I was fit enough but not willowy. To be athletic and fit was thought strange for a girl to be at the time.

You have reached a plateau by not eating enough and your body is trying its best to hold onto any stored fat. Incline press will help buildup and "lift" the pectorals in the chest behind the breasts to help form "cleavage". But to look and be fit all around, you will have to work the whole body...not just one place.

There aint so such thing as "spot reducing".

Since you had this since 13, have you thought it just might be your breasts are budding out late? Some do. My daughter's did not really appear until her mid/late teens. Breasts are made up of fat cells as well as milk glands. Women who lift weights find their breasts reduced in size. I know some who have done this as an alternative to breast reduction.

But in either case, your diet should be higher in calories....not lower. Your body is going through many changes and to stay healthy...eating properly as well as exercise will help you stay fit and reduce the fat. That bowl of rice crispies and skim milk might be fine for a morning....but you need more energy/fuel to burn the fat.

Here is some advice:

Eat 5-6 smaller meals a day at least every 3 hours. Up your protein to near one gram to each pound lean body mass. balance your meals of protein, carbs and fat. Try to keep the protein intake consistant. This is crucial if you are in a resistance/strength training program.

Dont be afraid of fat as you need it to burn fat. You need to make your body into a fat burning machine. To do this, you have to keep your carbs fairly low and your fat intake moderate. Good fats can be found in nuts like natural peanut butter, Olive oil/flaxseed oil.

Avoid sugars and overprocessed foods....this you have done.

Eat more veggies! You are not getting enough nutrients on what you getting now.

Dont cut your calories too low or else you are going into a plateau and "starvation mode".

Eat more whole grains rather than processed cererals. In otherwords, more complex/slowburning carbs like Oatmeal, multigrained cereals, brown rice, beans and so on.

Workouts.

A three day split with cardio in between on days not lifting. Lifting moderately heavy weights for 3-4 sets of 10-12 reps. Each workout should be done for an hour for best results...anymore and you could be overtraining and injuries. This should be enough to help get you into shape along with your improved diet. That and patience.

Many years later I took a college Women's strength class as I was sick and tired of being overweight and my body in general. I lost 60 pounds in just over a year..that and improved my diet as well. It was not much better than yours.....when I did eat.
After 33 years, I am wearing clothes sizes when I first married. On the scales I am abit heavier than I was way back then....some muscle exchanged for fat. However, I am at peace with my body and can run after a 6 year old grandchild with ease.

To build up your chest do flat bench presses as well as Inclines. Do tricep and bicep exercises for your arms. Leg presses/curls or squats to help shape your legs. Back exercises like bentover dumbbell rows and lat pulldowns.....you gym should have some kind of workout breakdown to use.

To have the body you need to be healthy/strong is more important than having the body you want.

"Mind only knows what lies near the heart;
It alone knows the depths of the soul
No worse ill assails the wise
than to be without Inner Peace" ("Havamal" from the Poetic Edda)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-12-2004, 07:55 PM   #3

scribbles HB User

You probably know that you can't alter your genetic coding for fat deposition or your fat pattern loss. However, do continue with your treadmill and chest exercises and if you're consistent for more than a few weeks, you should see some changes. Of course, the type of results will depend upon a healthy diet, the amount of body fat you have, and if genetics are in your favour for quick chest/stomach fat reduction (which doesn't sound like it is).

Another thing to consider is that if excess fat isn't the cause of your "man boobs", then there's a condition known as gynecomastia, which is the formation of breast tissue in males, especially common during the teen years. The cause is hormonal so while exercise may not be too effective (but still good for health and psychological benefits), gynecomastia generally goes away with time. A doctor will be able to determine whether or not you have this condition.

Last edited by scribbles; 04-12-2004 at 07:55 PM.

Old 04-12-2004, 08:11 PM   #4

jaalfer HB User

Im guessing you are in high school. Take weight training class in gym. take it seriously and dont slack off. Follow what the teacher says. you can even stay after class and work out if that is not enough. Just try to work out and build muscle to fill it out.

Old 04-13-2004, 02:17 AM   #5
Inactive

Laurie2 HB User

My apologies, Kungpow50, if you are a young man with this problem of having "man boobs".

However, the rest of my thread still goes whether you are a young man or woman.

Old 04-13-2004, 04:02 PM   #6
Inactive

Kungpow50 HB User

alls i want to know is will my diet work, and remember im doing incline bench, no normal bench, and im a guy

Closed Thread