It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2004, 06:38 PM   #1
(male)

Bengalfan HB User
Unhappy I can't do pushups

I am in a program where I have to do 33 pushups in a minute. As of now I can maybe do 1 and that is if im lucky and the 33 has to be done by September. I am very worried, and I have got a set of exercises to do to help my build up. I am supposed to do them every other night. The thing is that I have Physical Training that day that works out a lot of my body for an hour, and after that when I get home and try to do my exercises on top of that, my muscles are just too fatigued and don't want to do anything. I try to fight through it the best I can but basically they wont let me do it. What can I do to help this? Is this one of those things where I show no progress maybe for the first month while my muscles are getting used to it? or am I just dead in the water. I am very discouraged right now and afraid im going to be a failure, is my task impossible?

Old 04-12-2004, 07:11 PM   #2

mugal2003 HB User
Re: I can't do pushups

I was in the same boat as you were!! When i went for my police physical test, I had to do 20 pushups in a minute and i couldn't do one!! Not a single half way one!! So the instructor told me to work on my triceps and i started doing that from then on (been about 2 months now) and I can def. tell a huge difference. I do my triceps and benchpresses also and that works your triceps really well.

As far as your other problem, I really don't know what to say! But you will def. have time to work on your triceps and pushups by Sept., so don't worry about it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-12-2004, 08:08 PM   #3

jaalfer HB User

First do the ones on your knees or girl pushups. You should be able to do at least 10 of those. Keep doing them everynight, you can start off with 20 then work your way up. If you cant do 10, do 5, rest for a couple of minutes, then do more. Just keep working them until you can do maybe 30 in a row, then you should be able to do at least 5 regular, then you start over. 30 by september is nothing if you work at it.

Old 04-12-2004, 09:12 PM   #4

laylalayla HB User

don't want to repeat what others are saying, but wanted to give you reassurance that YOU CAN DO IT! just keep trying/practicing and one day it will click! i couldn't do any a year ago and i have been working out quite a bit, starting with knee push ups, as much as possible every day/every other day or so, and you will be amazed at how your strength will gradually build. Don't get discouraged, keep trying, and I promise you the practice will pay off by September.

Old 04-13-2004, 07:19 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

hollandlop HB User

I can't do pushups either. This sux.

Closed Thread