It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-13-2004, 04:01 PM   #1

dirrtyblonde07 HB User
I need to lose my huge butt!! Please help!!

Hey yall, I guess I'm not fat, I'm well...proportioned for a 15 year old girl? Maybe I should be considered blessed with my assets, but I'm not. LOL ok my problem is that I have a size 5/6 waist and a 9/10 butt, I'm 5'5 and weigh about 125-130!! I don't look fat but I feel fat because of my booty!! I hate it!! I know some of you might go and tell me to stop my complaining and start some action, but I feel like I have truly tried so much stuff that I am at my wits end. I eat small portions of food, and most of the time I don't eat breakfast or lunch. I excersise daily with cardio like jump roping, running, and bike riding, I do excerises that seventeen gives you on a pull-out poster type thingie, I do winsor pilates my mom recently ordered us this thing called the Bun and Thigh roller which is supposed to sculpt and tone your lower body. I get a lot of attention in school from guys who tell me they "love" my butt, or say I have great legs, but thats because the real thing is hidden by jeans lol. I feel uncomfortable wearing shorts, and I am sick of wearing a belt with everything!! Does anyone have any advice or workout plans or ANYTHING to help me get a smaller butt and diminsh thigh dimples and cellulite so that I can feel comfortable in a bikini, shorts, and minis? I would appreciate it so much, because I've tried dieting, I've cut out eating all together, I've counted calories, and I tried the Atkins diet for a month with no apparent success. Please help me!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-14-2004, 12:28 AM   #2
Inactive

Laurie2 HB User
Re: I need to lose my huge butt!! Please help!!

It takes time and patience. Being on a diet for only a month is not long enough for results. There is not such thing as "spot reducing"....period. While exercising, the body takes fat stored from all over to burn it off. The first place the body stores the fat is generally the last to go. But you can turn your body into a fat burning machine by upping the metabolism with diet and exercise.

Eat 5-6 smaller meals spread over the day. Drink plenty of water and cut sugary sodas. Up your protein as this will build/repair muscles...as well as help keep the metabolism up. Lower refined carbs and eat more complex ones (whole grains/veggies) You do need some fats to help burn fat....Olive oil/nuts/peanut butter and so on. Do not cut calories too far or else your metabolism will slow down.

Cellulite is nothing more than fat under a "different" name. Cardio will help but to keep up your metabolism longer, you need to include a resistance (lifting) program as well. This will help burn the fat faster, keep you strong and healthy to boot.

Old 04-19-2004, 03:32 AM   #3

Boots_N_Braces HB User
Re: I need to lose my huge butt!! Please help!!

Some things that people don't keep in mind.

You can't target fat loss. All you can do is increase your cardio workout to burn your fat, you're body takes it from where it wants.... working out your butt won't make your butt smaller.

Lunges are the best butt muscle workout. But you'll run the risk of increasing size (but increasing firmness) do lunges with a good cardio workout (at least 30 minutes at increased heart rate, but the more the merrier) and when your body burns your butt fat, you'll have a firmer butt lurking behind the fat.

Stairs are a good butt workout as well as walking and jogging.

Closed Thread