It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-13-2004, 06:20 PM   #1

sportsgirl22 HB User
Tone the stomach

I'm a 17 year old female, exercise regulary, and eat fairly well but I would like to tone up my stomach a little more in preparation for summer . I participate in sports basically everyday afterschool and eat fairly healthy- cereal for breakfast, salad for lunch and balanced dinners. I do crunches every night but they don't seem to do much and i was wondering if there was an easier way to tone around my belly button basically. I'm not overweight by any means...but i just want that flat stomach that every teenage girl desires! Please help!! Thanks!

Old 04-13-2004, 11:24 PM   #2
Inactive

Laurie2 HB User
Re: Tone the stomach

You might try adding a weight plate while doing crunches, f it has become too easy to do regular unweighted ones.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-14-2004, 07:40 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Naxis HB User

Abs are made in the kitchen. Doing crunches will build the muscle, but you won't see them if you have fat covering them. Unfortunately abs is one of the last places we lose fat from, so even if you're fairly lean it can be hard to get a really lean belly or ripped abs. Without knowing any details, the diet looks ok, but you might look at content. Cereal is usually high GI carbs. If you swapped that out for something lower GI like oatmeal or maybe eggs, it could help. Also getting some kind of protein on the salad would be a good idea as well. For dinner, make sure you're not having too many carbs too close to bed time or most of it will be stored as fat. Also, make sure you count any drinks (soda, juice, sport drinks, etc) to your calorie count - if you're counting. Might be pushing you over what you need for the day. Hope that's helpful.

Old 04-14-2004, 02:34 PM   #4

larlor23 HB User

If you would like that nice stomach i would suggest eating 3 times day along with snacks in between your meals. Not the snacks that us teenagers eat now days but the snacks containing the vitamins that your body needs; such as, apples, bananas, oranges, etc; throw in some juices as well. Don't over exceed your snack. You don't want to have a snack be known as a meal. Have breakfast early in the morning between 7-8 am or whenever you wake up, then a snack around 9 and then lunch at 11:30 or whenever your out for lunch. Throw another snack at 2:30 and then dinner about 5:30 no later than 6pm; then have your bedtime snack an hour before you go to bed. Try not to eat anything after 9 at night and try to keep your dinner before 6pm. Just remember give yourself some time for your body to digesting the food before have a snack and a meal. Remember stay away from sodas, teas, chips, bread, tortillas, candies, ice cream, ect. Gatorade and powerade is a good source of rehydrating and remember always workout and drink 8 glasses of water. Another suggestion just don't workout one part of your abs but others; your lower abs, upper abs and your sides and try to get enough sleep.

Old 04-14-2004, 05:36 PM   #5

sportsgirl22 HB User

Thanks for the suggestions- i'll try changing my diet a little....or should i say taking a few things out- haha...but thanks!!

Closed Thread