It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2004, 09:00 AM   #1

DadOfTwins HB User
Probably Asked A Dozen Times

I know this question has probably been asked about a dozen times but I'm going to ask it in hopes I get some feedback anyway.

I'm a 36 year old man with two children. Somehow, my wife having the children put weight on me. I still don't know how that happened.

I now look like a pear and am desperate to stop. I can't join a gym because I have epilepsy and can't drive. I would prefer not to by home equipment because of space problems.

The big question, does anyone have an exercise program and maybe a diet plan that might actually work.

I would like to look like someone my wife would whistle at again.

Thanks in advance,
Dad Of Twins

Old 04-14-2004, 09:54 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Naxis HB User
Re: Probably Asked A Dozen Times

Diet is probably a big part of why that happened in the first place (congratulations, by the way ) so diet is the first place to start. What does your diet look like right now? You don't need A diet, rather a permanent change in your eating habits. List an average day's food - what you eat, how much and when. Also provide your stats please (height/weight). It will help to identify what your caloric needs are.
As for exercise, cardio is good for burning calories (running, biking etc), but putting on some muscle tone will be important for raising metabolism and overall health. If space is a problem, consider resistance bands or removeable plate dumbells. They are pretty inexpensive and easy to store in a small area. Or just use your own body weight - pushups, jump squats, pullups, calisthenics etc. Maybe even somehting like a Tae Bo video that is a little higher intensity, but structured and easy to follow. Just some suggestions...

Last edited by Naxis; 04-14-2004 at 09:55 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-14-2004, 11:01 PM   #3

never2L8 HB User
Re: Probably Asked A Dozen Times

Don't sell yourself - or your wife - short, your wife would probably still whistle if she saw you walking along the beach with your top off. I know my wife has always found me attractive regardless of my weight.

Naxis is correct, diet is the main thing you have to watch and changes need to be made for good - not just while you are losing weight - otherwise you will most likely gain weight again. Walking, Jogging, cycling and swimming are all excellent exercises for weight loss and general fitness and are all very cheap in comparison to gym memberships and home gym equipment. Some cheap weights for the home can come in handy, even if you have room in the shed or garage for them.

Maybe find something that you and your wife can do together, either an exercise video after the kids are in bed or a walk while pushing strollers. That way you get some encouragement and she may reap some benefits as well (relaxation, improved fitness etc).

Closed Thread