It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-17-2004, 01:05 AM   #1

Big_boyz HB User
forearms workouts

can anyone tell me any good forarm exersises it is one musle that dosn't really build up compared to my biceps

Old 04-17-2004, 03:06 AM   #2
Inactive

Laurie2 HB User
Re: forearms workouts

You can do sulpinating bicep curls with dumbbells as an alternative to hammer curls. Start out with your palms facing your thighs and as you bring up the dbls, you twist the forearm/wrist until the palms are face towards your body. Then reverse the motion as you go down. This not only works your bicep but is also a good forearm exercise too.

Another is place the forearm on the bench with the wrist/hand just over the edge holding the dumbbell. Hold the forearm firmly with your other hand as you want to keep it stationary and lift the wrist up with the dumbbell in your palms facing down. Another is where the back of the forearms are on the bench and curl the palms/wrist up with dumbbell. A variation of a forearm curl is using a straight standard barbell.

Last edited by Laurie2; 04-17-2004 at 03:07 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-18-2004, 09:09 AM   #3
Senior Veteran

Evl316 HB User
Re: forearms workouts

A couple other ones are holding a barebell behind your back with your palms facing away from you and curling the bar up with your wrists while keeping your arms straight so that the bar stays right around your butt or just below it depending on how long your arms are. Same movement as with laying your forearms on a bench or your legs and curling only your wrist. Just a different variation. Also reverse bicep curls. Just like bicep curls only palms facing away from you.

Closed Thread