It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-17-2004, 04:36 PM   #1

PhotoStic HB User
Motivation for leg day

Well, I just finished with another excrutiating leg workout (squats, calf raises, and lunges), which is, in my opinion, the hardest workout set in existance. If I didn't think working out my legs was so important for playing basketball (which I love), I would probably quit! I usually do legs on Saturday, so I will be well rested and good to go. But even after a day of leisure, I still struggle mightily (more than in any other workout) to get through all of the exercises.

I guess I am looking for a way to psych myself up to be able to go strong through the whole workout. What do other people do to get motivated for an intense workout? I know I can't be the only one who dreads leg day.

Old 04-17-2004, 06:35 PM   #2

mybody HB User
Re: Motivation for leg day

Mirror = Motivation for me.

Plus, I tell myself I can stop anytime. I usually don't though, but giving yourself permission goes a long way in keeping spirits high.

But my main way to keep going when in the thick of things is to have a good kick a** song with tons of attitude ready on the MP3. Never under estimate the power of attitude!

Keep it up!
Ami

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-17-2004, 09:58 PM   #3

PhotoStic HB User

I know what you are talking about with the mp3. I actually just bought an ipod last week and it had really improved my workout attitude. It's just something about leg day that makes me shutter when I feel Saturday creeping up.

Old 04-18-2004, 06:33 PM   #4

never2L8 HB User

Results are my main motivation. Legs are hard work but I get motivated because I am increasing the weight, when finished I really feel as if I have worked and I - and my wife - have really noticed a change in my leg definition.

Old 04-18-2004, 07:18 PM   #5

Alias HB User

Motivation for me = the girls, and a healthier lifestyle

Motivation for you, the girls or guys(Don't get mad) a healthier lifestyle, and an improvement in the game. You could win a game for your team, just picture that in your head and it should be all the motivation you need.

Old 04-18-2004, 07:28 PM   #6
Senior Veteran

Evl316 HB User

Legs? I'm driven by blind stupidity and I like it.

Old 04-19-2004, 11:39 AM   #7

jaalfer HB User

Watch Arnold and his friend blasts squats until they fall over in "Pumping iron."

Old 04-19-2004, 01:00 PM   #8

Used2BScooterTX HB User

I can definitely relate-- I do legs at 5:30 a.m. on Monday mornings, so you can imagine the conversation I'm having with myself when the alarm sounds at 5.

For me, I've realized that my leg workout sets the stage for muscle development all over my body-- the release of testosterone that a good leg workout triggers is what will enable my upper body development and overall strength gains for the rest of the week. I don't do the squats and stiff deadlifts for the nauseating feeling that I get afterwards, that's for sure-- it's all about the payoff.

Closed Thread