It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2004, 08:54 PM   #1

Katrina286 HB User
Foot Blisters

I'm getting ready for some long distance walking, 30 miles x 4 days and I really need advice on blister prevention. My feet are always sensitive and generally they blister easy. Can anyone tell me a way to toughen up my feet prior to this walk? I have tried the 'easy glide' and I still got blisters. I also need to buy new walking shoes which is a nightmare just thinking about it as my feet are so sensitive. Help!!! I'm tired of blisters.

Old 04-18-2004, 09:50 PM   #2

TWilliams82 HB User
Re: Foot Blisters

Wish I could help you, but I'm the kind of person that can run on gravel barefoot without a problem. <g>

Maybe some high-quality insoles, or change your running surface, if possible. Pavement or cement would probably be better than dirt or gravel.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-19-2004, 02:16 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Endorphin Junky HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katrina286
I'm getting ready for some long distance walking, 30 miles x 4 days and I really need advice on blister prevention. My feet are always sensitive and generally they blister easy. Can anyone tell me a way to toughen up my feet prior to this walk? I have tried the 'easy glide' and I still got blisters. I also need to buy new walking shoes which is a nightmare just thinking about it as my feet are so sensitive. Help!!! I'm tired of blisters.
It might be the shoes/trainers you're using. Alot of sport shops will analyse your walking/running step to see how your foot rotates as you walk and use the results to recommend a pair of trainers that would be suitable for you. Have a look around for a shop that offers this service.

Old 04-19-2004, 11:31 AM   #4

jaalfer HB User

Just wear two pairs of socks. Just buy a pair of polypropalene socks from the outdoor/sporting goods store and wear those under your regular cotton socks. I guarantee this will work. The two socks prevents friction between your skin and shoes. Works great. I had problems with my snowboarding boots but this method eliminated it. The ploypropalene socks are usually blue and really thin. You can find them at the outdoor/skiing/hiking section of the stores.

Closed Thread