It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2004, 05:35 PM   #1
(female)

amb063081 HB User
Need help with losing inches !!

Here is my story I am 22 years old and I weigh 115 pounds, I have been dieting for a month now I have been eating between 1200 and 1500 calories, under 52 grams of fat, and under 165 grams of carbs a day and drink at least 8 glasses of water a day and I exercise on my Gazelle 6 times a week for 30 minutes a day burning 250 calories. I also do abs exercises every other day. I don't want to lose any more weight (I already lost 5 pounds in three weeks) I just want to lose inches. So far I only lost 2 inches off my smaller part of my stomach and 1/2 inch of the biggest part of my lower stomach and hardly any inches any where else. My biggest problem is my lower stomach it is really big and when I drink just a little water in the morning my stomach bloats out and makes me look like I'm pregnant (which I'm not). Does anyone have any ideas on what I can do to lose the fat around my lower stomach and my butt? I really want to lose some inches soon so I will try anything.

Old 04-19-2004, 11:27 PM   #2
Inactive

Laurie2 HB User
Re: Need help with losing inches !!

Patience and time. Keep your diet clean and keep to your workouts. The body stores fat in the stomach area first for most people and it will be the last to go. You can lose fat while not losing any weight, as such. Remember that muscle is denser than fat...so you could be losing bodyfat, lose inches and still not weigh much more than you are now.

This is something I learned after losing 60lbs of bodyfat in a year taking a strength/resistance class. After being 245 (and more) for nearly 33 years, I finally got down to my premarriage clothes sizes....but according to the scales I weighed more than I was back then. Was frustrated at first. Then I realized what happened....I had gained some muscle lifting 3 days a week on a split schedule during that time. Also changed what diet I had to a proper one. Between the two, I increased my metabolism burning the fat and built muscle too. Lost several inches and now wear the same size jeans I wore just before marriage.

Once I understood this, everything was fine. This I can live with.

Last edited by Laurie2; 04-19-2004 at 11:39 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-20-2004, 06:55 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Naxis HB User
Re: Need help with losing inches !!

Exactly. Resistance training will help you to get leaner without losing *weight*. Lean muscle is what will keep your metabolism high as well as helping you maintain health (and bone density!) for the rest of your life. You'll quickly learn that the scale does not necessarily define your health.

Closed Thread