It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2004, 12:28 PM   #1
Inactive

serialnovelist HB User
Help this dam gut is annoying me

hiya folks how is everyone ?

I'm in the process of bulking up and strength training i do no cardio at all because i'm so tall and have such a fast metabolism. I'm steadily, slowly gaining wieght and muscle and i'm loving every minute of it. I love the mellow feeling i get after a good workout My problem is while the rest of me is getting bigger so is this giant gut i'm carrying. It looks like a full on beer belly especially when i'm sitting down. How can i get rid of it without burning the extra calories i need to build the extra muscle? i'm trying to get to 215 and i'm at 190 right now. I bought this wet suit like thing to wrap around my gut when i'm working out and doing sit ups to try and burn it off, I'm hoping it helps.

I got that whole beer gut and love handle thing going on. seems like the more i work out the bigger i get, but the bigger the gut gets too. I do both upper body and lower body workouts including the leg and lots of leg lifts and sit ups, crunches, etc...

I'm almost 6'5 i shouldn't have a belly like this, but i do

any advice ??

Old 04-20-2004, 01:28 PM   #2
Senior Veteran

Evl316 HB User
Re: Help this dam gut is annoying me

If you are bulking you will get a gut. I suppose there are some exceptions but you're going to gain some fat and it sounds that you're like me in that it all goes right around your waist and nowhere else. So long as you're bulking you aren't going to be getting rid of it. You can do things to minimize it from getting out of hand such as looking at your diet and eating as cleanly as possible in minimizing carbs and maximizing protein consumption. You can also do aerobic exercise like HIIT but you said you don't want to do aerobic stuff. Generally when a person bulks up they go through phases, they bulk, then they cut, then they bulk, etc. You want 25 more pounds yet I imagine you already put a lot of pounds on already. Maybe it's time to cut and get rid of that belly and then bulk up again after that. Sure you'll lose some weight and maybe a little bit of muscle too but you'll keep most of your gains and by the time you're done cutting you'll be ready to bulk right back up and be minus the gut.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-20-2004, 02:06 PM   #3
Inactive

serialnovelist HB User
Re: Help this dam gut is annoying me

well when i started i was about 160 lbs and in 34 inch jeans. now i'm back into my 36 jeans ( i was sick and had surgery lost a ton of weight and muscle) i'd like to keep going and get to 215 but maybe your right, maybe i need to cut right now for awhile and then bulk again later. Right now getting to 215 and gaining a massive increase in strength is the #1 priority.

P.S. I'm new to this what exactly is cutting besides cutting carbs and calories? adding aerobics? running? cardio ? stuff like that ? basically anything that burns fat ? lifting less weight with more reps ?

Last edited by serialnovelist; 04-20-2004 at 02:38 PM.

Closed Thread