It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2004, 06:10 PM   #1
Inactive

serialnovelist HB User
ouch bone pain and stiffness

hi again everyone

i've only been working out a few months but the day after my workout i always feel super stiff and rigid. along with that i'm feeling a lot of pain in my bones and joints like my knees and elbows, the back of my knees from doing reverse leg curls, elbows from doing tricep workouts and tricep bench presses and also when i work my back muscles hard and do things like overhead presses my bones hurt in my back between my shoulder blades and the spot where my neck meets between my shoulder blades.

I'm wondering if i'm over training cause the muscles don't feel sore at all, just stiff or if it's perfectly normal and just my bones and tendons trying to catch up to the muscle ? (aka growing pains) or i need some kind of bone supplement or maybe a chiropracter ? i get plenty of calcium and vitamind D, drink plenty of water, if anything i'm not getting enough protein and too much carbs, anyone have any advice ??? flaxseed oil is for cholesterol but i was thinkin of taking glucosamine and MSM and the other one.

lastly i'm wonderinf if it has something to do with my body not being used to carrying the extra weight i have i've went from 160 lbs to 190 lbs in two months. with my clothes i'm actually over 190 lbs.

Last edited by serialnovelist; 04-23-2004 at 06:11 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-23-2004, 08:23 PM   #2

slnr232 HB User
Re: ouch bone pain and stiffness

it sounds like you are putting alot of wieght on your more fragile parts of body. You are wroking so hard that amino acids are building up like crazy. I know that you want to lose that weight, and your working super hard which is comendable, but you should lay off a little bit. I am not saying to stop your intensity, but reverse on days. Instead of doing back everyday, try every second day and so on. So when you relax inbetween days, it gives your body a chance to recuperate and get ready for more challenge instead of bring you down. Keep it up and you will get the results you want. Awesome... keep it up! Oh ya, it will take a while to lose the weight you want, but also remember that you are gaining muscle weight on top too.. Don't bring yourself down about ur weight, it doesn't mean much. Instead focus on how you feel inside and out and see how your clothes are fitting every two months or so.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-24-2004, 09:57 AM   #3
Inactive

serialnovelist HB User
Re: ouch bone pain and stiffness

th 2o lbs i've gained in two months was muscle and i'm happy with it, my gola is to weight 215 and have it be muscle and not fat. guess i'll just take it easy a bit more, maybe i'm over training a bit.

Closed Thread