It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2004, 06:17 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

dfwgoodguy HB User
Question about breaking...

Little info, im 5'8" 180lbs. I use to weigh 235lbs (fat) 8months ago. Well i started eating right and exercising a lot. (weight training and jogging) Well i have felt like i have been stuck at 180 for like 3 months. I know im gaining a lot of muscle mass and losing weight a little cause my pants and clothes are fitting looser. But i wanna get the weight down. I use to jog 30mins a day sometimes 3-5 times a week. And weight train for about an hour 3 times a week. I dunno if i cut my calories too low for the amount of exercise i was doing.

I don't keep track of the calories i eat, but i know im well below 2000, and try to eat every few hours to keep my body digesting. Recently about 2 weeks ago i stopped running and stopped weight lifting and continued to eat normally, sometimes eating junk food andfast food what what not. My weight has not increased nor decreased. Im wondering if since ive stopped working out for 2 weeks that restarting as hard as i was will jump start my body or (shock it) if you will. Thats how i believe i lost most of my weight before, from going from no exercise to a lot.

So yeah thats my quest. I have been doing the same weight training sets/reps of the diff exercises i do for the last 4 months prior. And usually every day i jogged i tried to push myself a little farther each time. So will this 2 week break be enough to shock my body from noting working out? Cause i think it was getting use to what i was doing, or i was not getting enough calories. But i think at the beginning cutting my calories pretty low helped me lose a lot of this weight. Anyways, thanks..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-25-2004, 05:35 AM   #2
Inactive

Laurie2 HB User
Re: Question about breaking...

You might want to try some alternative lifting exercises. Changing a workout routine about every 6-8 weeks is a good idea. Whatever you have been doing, the body has become used to itl Up the poundage abit to challenge the body.

Keep a journal of your calories to make sure you are eating enough and what you are eating. At first, losing weight is quick but as you get closer to your goal more "tweaking" has to be done. Eating too few calories can make the body conserve what fatstores it has. Usually it is a matter of diet and/or changing workout regime to get you off a plateau.

You cant "shock" a body, really, but you can make it burn the bodyfat more efficiently by the above suggestions.

Closed Thread