It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-26-2004, 10:04 AM   #1

piggy22 HB User
couple things

hello everyone,
i just looked at this thread today and found it very helpful...i just had a few questions...

i'm just starting out - i was never very consistent with exercising, but i really want to start up again...i'm 24 and my body was pretty ok up til college, but ever since i started working (pretty much sitting all day on my butt), i've been getting lumpier and my metabolism seems a looot slower. so i'm thinking of starting by swimming (i've always like swimming and they're building a new gym w/ pool near my house so i figure that might help me stay more consistent). how long should i swim in order to have a fairly good workout? and any other swimming tips?

also, i have reeally skinny calves and want to make them bigger....i'm going to try the bikes and maybe run up/down my stairs (but i'm afraid i'll just get tired of it)....about how long does it usually take to see results? and does swimming do anything for calves?? thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-26-2004, 10:20 AM   #2
(male)

Gene123 HB User
Re: couple things

doing a half hour of swimming a day that gets your heart beating a little faster and you breathing a little harder for air is good enough. For the calfs you must work the past there pain threshhold if you want to see them grow. I used to have real skinny calves untill i started working them out. I work mine twice a week and I do 2 X 20 standing calf raises no weight warm up and then I do 100 reps of standing calf raises with some weight and then one legged calf rasises 3 sets of 15 increasing the weight with each set and they burn like crazy for 30 min and they feel sore the next day but they look bigger than they were a month ago.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread