It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-26-2004, 11:00 AM   #1
Inactive

Kastro2 HB User
Working out twice a day?

Hi, last question I got for ya guys.

I feel I can work out twice a day, seeing how I work out every morning around 6am, by the time im home from school im good for another workout, and im eating lots of food that I normally didn't (this was recently coming off of protein supps).

Will I be wasting my time or will this work out better and build me up really quicker than just once a day?

Someone please fill me in and help out here, that would be appreciated, also a few links to some proper workout techniques would be appreciated as well, thanks and good-bye.

Old 04-26-2004, 11:08 AM   #2

TWilliams82 HB User
Re: Working out twice a day?

There is absolutely no point to working out twice a day. If you feel like you can work out twice in one day, you are not working out nearly hard enough. Furthermore, there is really no point in working out every day. If you do not give the muscles time to rest after tearing them down, they will not grow.

Eat right, lift hard, and sleep well. The way I workout, if my hands aren't trembling by the last 15 minutes, I'm not doing it right. I do 1-1.5 hours, 3 days a week, 5 excercises per workout, 3-4 sets per excercise.

Last edited by moderator2; 04-26-2004 at 03:10 PM. Reason: Please carefully read, know and follow the Healthboards.com Policies and Guidelines. Click on FAQ at the top left of this page. Thank you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-26-2004, 12:10 PM   #3
Senior Veteran

Evl316 HB User

Hands trembling? I don't know about that. Probably true of you but I wouldn't use that as a gauge for most people. Feeling like working out twice a day doesn't mean you aren't working out hard enough at all. But just because you feel like you can doesn't mean you should.

Old 04-26-2004, 01:18 PM   #4

TWilliams82 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evl316
Hands trembling? I don't know about that. Probably true of you but I wouldn't use that as a gauge for most people. Feeling like working out twice a day doesn't mean you aren't working out hard enough at all. But just because you feel like you can doesn't mean you should.

I'm not specifically trying for my hands to tremble, but it sure does happen on a good workout.

And I disagree. If you have the energy to lift twice a day, up your weight by 10 or your reps by 2.

Old 04-26-2004, 02:18 PM   #5
Senior Veteran

Evl316 HB User

I have all kinds of energy many times after lifting weights. Strength? Maybe not, but energy, sure. If you are out of energy after only lifting you've got problems. But I think the point you're trying to make is that you shouldn't have the strength left in those muscles for another good workout and I can agree with that but that doesn't mean you don't "feel" like you can go again.

Old 04-26-2004, 02:22 PM   #6
Inactive

serialnovelist HB User

Thomas Jane worked out twice a day once in the morning and the evening for his Punisher Role, but i wouldn't suggest it, it was in the May issue of Mens Health Magazine and just his workout once a day, would be enough for anyone, except maybe professionals. I had to cut my workouts to twice a week cause i was overtraining,, so it all depends on the person and how use to it, your body is, otherwise you might hurt yourself. I gotta agree with TWilliams Post for the most part.

Old 04-26-2004, 02:45 PM   #7

Used2BScooterTX HB User

You might want to try splitting your workout and your cardio. I hit the workout in the AM, then do cardio after work.

Two workouts in the same day is insane.

Old 04-26-2004, 03:13 PM   #8

somuchbetter HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWilliams82
There is absolutely no point to working out twice a day. If you feel like you can work out twice in one day, you are not working out nearly hard enough. Furthermore, there is really no point in working out every day. If you do not give the muscles time to rest after tearing them down, they will not grow.

Eat right, lift hard, and sleep well. The way I workout, if my hands aren't trembling by the last 15 minutes, I'm not doing it right. I do 1-1.5 hours, 3 days a week, 5 excercises per workout, 3-4 sets per excercise.
working out twice aday is great i actually heard some where that its great to work out 2 times aday instead of one. alot of people think different things and have there own opinions but i work out twice aday if i can.

Old 04-26-2004, 03:28 PM   #9

Shane S HB User

Overtraining. Doable, just not a good idea.

Closed Thread