It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-26-2004, 05:53 PM   #1
Inactive

SueKZ HB User
Red face Oh boy am I sore!!

Hi,
This is my first post but I really need some advice. I belong to Ballys Fitness, but I just started back in like a yr. and a half. I did all kinds of machines. You name it and I worked it. This was 2 days ago on Sat. Well today, Monday, I am so sore I can barely walk! When is the best time to go back to the club? How long should I wait? Yea yea yea, i overdid it at age 48!
Thanks for your help!

Old 04-26-2004, 09:09 PM   #2
Inactive

Laurie2 HB User
Re: Oh boy am I sore!!

If you havent been back for awhile....no wonder! Did you remember to stretch thoroughly first? Warmup? Rest between sets and cool down/stretch after? Another reason for all the soreness. Start off abit easier with a planned routine for an hour the next day. Be sure to rest for a minute between sets.

For beginners, a three day split with a rest day between is a good idea. Since you havent been back in a long time....you might want to do this until your body gets used to working out with the machines/freeweights there.

Easy to overdo it at any age....

Last edited by Laurie2; 04-26-2004 at 09:13 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread