It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-30-2004, 03:50 PM   #1

and_i_ran HB User
My Fat Tire!!!!!!!

im female, 5'5, 118 pounds. B/c i've gotten older, ive put some weight around my waist area, particularly around my stomach where there's a thick layer of fat there.
So what i need is someone to tell me if what im doing to get rid of it is the correct way.
My diet is ok. Not unhealthy but not REAL healthy either. the problem is, i dont take in that many calories to begin with. prob less than 2000 a day (1700)

a piece of sausage for breakfast, a sandwich with salad and fruit for lunch, and chicken, and veggies for dinner and lots of rice! (im asian)

ok so i cut out the carbs starting today. and here is my workout routine:

Monday: run moderately for 20-35 minutes
Tuesaday: Resisatnce training on my legs (calf, hams, thighs)
Wed: run moderately for 20-35 minutes
Thursday: Resisatnce training on my upper body (arms mainly) ( i dont do any ab ex ercises b/c i think they're already strong but yu cant see them b/c of the fat layer! )
Friday: run moderately for 20-35 minutes
SAt: rest
SUn: run moderately for 20-35 minutes

my goal is not to gain more muscles but to retain/tone the muscles i already have. since i dont take in that many calories a day, should i continue to run to lose that fat? and is what im doing enough? i use to be stick skinny and i dont want to be that way again. if i stick to the regimine i listed above, is that gonna make me skinny since i dont intake many calories but i read that the only way to lose that layer of fat is to do cardio. please help guide me in the right direction!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-30-2004, 07:09 PM   #2

never2L8 HB User
Re: My Fat Tire!!!!!!!

Diet is 80% responsible for fat loss, if you are eating too much or too much of the wrong food, all the cardio in the world won't move the fat.

It looks like you are guessing your calorie intake. I recommend you actually count your calories for a week or two, also count how much of your calories come from fat, carbs and protein. 2000 calories is a resonable amount for a 5'5" female and your age would also affect if this is too high or low - it may be too low for a 17 yo but too high for a 40 yo.

Fat loss is ruled by calories burnt v calories consumed - you must burn more calories that you take in. You seem to be doing enough exercise for weight loss, I would still do ab exercises regardless of how strong you think they are. I would concentrate on your diet, keep fat % of cals below 30%, carb intake at about 30% and protein intake at about 40%. Try and reduce your daily total calorie intake by 200-300 and see how you go.

Closed Thread