It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-30-2004, 08:28 PM   #1

Dawn04 HB User
Exercising Question or Questions

Im new to the boards and I am trying to get on track and exercise. i just had my last child a year ago and Im ready to get rid of this baby fat. I found a exercise program on line that looks to be promising. It focuses on all the parts to work on after having a baby. My question is will exercising alone help me get rid of those un wanted baby fat and pounds? My family and I eat regular foods, not alot of fast food either. My bad thing is candy. But trying to curb that and drink lots more water. But its hard whne you see all these wieght loss products saying they do this and that, makes you want to run out and buy the lot of them. lol. Well theres my story.

Last edited by Dawn04; 04-30-2004 at 08:30 PM.

Old 05-01-2004, 02:44 AM   #2
Inactive

Laurie2 HB User
Re: Exercising Question or Questions

Exercise will certainly help you lose the bodyfat. If you are already maintaining proper nutrition....perhaps just modifying it abit is all that is needed. Together, you have a winning combination. Basically eating 5-6 smaller meals a day. Keep your protein intake up (about one gram per pound of lean body mass or so) Cut overly processed carbs and eat more complex ones (i.e. whole grains/veggies) Cut the sugars (unfortunately) and drink plenty of water. Some fats are needed...like Olive oil/flaxseed oil/nuts.

What you want to do is keep your metabolism up to burn the fat. Exercise forces your body to burn the bodyfat as energy. The body takes the fat from all over to do this. Not just from one spot. Also where the body stored the fat first, this is the last to go. There is no such thing as "spot reducing".

As for all the miracle pills to make you lose the fat. I am afraid ....it is sounds too good to be true....it isn't. The more responsible sounding pill ads tell you to do exercise and eat a proper diet...in conjunction with taking the pills.

"Miracle weightloss pills" that say you can take these and "sleep" your fat away..... do nothing than promise you the moon and the company takes your money.

Now, there are suppliments that are useful and I am not saying all weightloss pills are bad. I am just plain skeptical and frugal where I want to spend my money.

Only time, patience, determination and keep motivated will the fat finally go.

I had to relearn how to eat properly after years of not doing so while taking a college women's strength class to lose bodyfat. Went through all kinds of diets in the past with little success. Mostly stopped out of boredom or just did not stick with them long enough. Did very little exercise to boot. Was 245, and more, for nearly 33 years. But finally got sick and tired of becoming inflexible, feeling out of sorts and being fat. Took a lifting class in Fall 2002 and after a year's worth of classes, lost 60 pounds. For the first time in so many years, I am able to wear pre marriage clothes sizes.

All by just modifying and improving my diet coupled with a resistance lifting program. I wish I had known more about this when I had my kids 21 and 18 years ago. Wouldnt have had to wait until I was 50 to do it. But I decided to do something about my weight then and, at 52, still keeping the weight off by diet/exercising.

Good luck with the exercise program

Last edited by Laurie2; 05-01-2004 at 03:14 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-01-2004, 09:55 AM   #3

asdfgh HB User

what do you mean be "lean body mass" I weigh 180 pounds, and I drink 29 grams of whey powder.. so would that be 180 minus 29 and then the rest I probably get from other foods

Old 05-02-2004, 11:16 AM   #4

Dawn04 HB User

Thanks so much Laurie2 for answering my questions. I was just eating 3 meals a day, I use to skip breakfast, my father told me not to do that, its bad for your body. So ill try 5-6 small meals. Thanks again. Also do you think by doing 15 mins on my work out machine is helpful? And combining squats, lounges, and crunches will help?

Closed Thread