It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2004, 12:04 PM   #1

satown210 HB User
Want to keep the CURVES

I have a gut and flab on my arms and back. I also have a big butt, which I like. I want to keep the curves, get a small waist but keep my big butt. I found that jogging flattens my butt, which I DO NOT want. Is there any advice that anyone can give me for exercises and workouts to achieve the small waist, small upper body, and large rear. HELP!! By the way, is there anything that I can do to increase the size of my butt??

Old 05-03-2004, 10:45 PM   #2
Inactive

Laurie2 HB User
Re: Want to keep the CURVES

Lifting will help keep your curves while "toning" your body. It forces your body to work harder to burn the bodyfat as energy while exercising but upping your metabolism. This is the only way to lose the fat in your arms and back. Also keep the butt you want.

Squats are good for building your butt/keeping it. This also works the legs, strengthens your lower back, firms your abs and more. It is the "Queen" of the Core/compound exercises. The compound "core" exercise is the Bench press. This works the shoulders, chest and arms.

Isolation exercises would be bicep curls, tricep extensions, leg extensions/curls, lunges, ab crunches. For the back, it's bentover dumbbell rows or cable rows. Shoulder presses. You will gain some upper body strength as well as keep those curves and some muscle definition....not a bad thing to have.

Coupled with a good diet, you can keep your curves, firm up your body and lose bodyfat. Overall, you lose the bodyfat in those areas by upping your metabolism as the body burns the fat as fuel.

Eating 5-6 small meals a day does this. Up your protein intake to help lose the fat (building lean muscles burns the fat) and gives you energy. Lower your carbs (especially the overly process ones) and eat more veggies/whole grains. Drink plenty of water and cut the sugar.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-04-2004, 11:39 AM   #3

satown210 HB User

Thank you for the advice. But what, if any, cardio is required to acheive this?

Old 05-04-2004, 12:48 PM   #4
Inactive

Laurie2 HB User

Jogging is one form of cardio and you did not like the results from that.

Adding some cardio, though, to do as a "cooldown" after your lifting routine (maybe 30 minutes of this) is fine. Or on your nonlifting days. Just not overdo it.

Closed Thread