It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2004, 10:51 PM   #1
(male)

StJoes HB User
Does this make sense?

Hi guys, I'm 19, and 5'4", 115 lbs. (I know, I'm a pretty undersized guy). Anyhow, I've noticed that no matter how much I work out my body, my abs do not take the sculpted shape I would like them too. In fact, there is this part of my abs which isn't quite developed, right along the lower end, the edges don't seem to get worked out, so it looks like there's fat there, but I'm not sure. I've decided to take on a new regimen, whereby I work out 3 times a week on strength training for an hour, and 5 days a week of running.

I've modified my diet to be healthier and more conducive to muscle building, but is there anything else I could be doing wrong?

Thanks a lot.

Old 05-05-2004, 11:25 PM   #2
Inactive

Laurie2 HB User
Re: Does this make sense?

It just might be your genetics. If you look at different bodybuilders....even they do not all have the perfect "washboard" ab look. Depending on the musculature, some abs may not look perfectly developed....but they are. Dont dwell on the "perfect" look.

However, if you think it is fat...changing your diet and routine just may be the ticket.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-11-2004, 04:42 PM   #3
Inactive

VELOWcity HB User
Re: Does this make sense?

Well at 115, i wouldnt be worried about fat right now, you can always lose that later. Of course it would be better to put on lean muscle mass with minimal fat. Correct diet will do that for you.

For you, running 5 times a day? There is no way you are going to put on any weight.. First of all, you are probably not even eating enough calories to add muscle, and on top of that, you are running??? You probably need anywhere from 2000 calories plus to add muscle..when you run it BURNS calories...

I am a hard gainer as well, i was 5'0 till 10th grade, but shot up to 5'10..and i was 5'10 122 lbs...im 170 now..and gaining about a lb very few weeks, gained a tad of body fat, but its a lot easier to lose then it is to gain muscle when your a hardgainer....

Other than the right nutrition, which i think was quite easy for me..whats really important when you are a hardgainer is the PROPER TRAINING..figuring out what works for you takes a lot of time and hard work....For myself, more sets were necessary than the common 3. CORRECT form..on squats, i found the right distance for my legs, *** down to the ground, knees inline, stable footing.....oh can you feel it...

You will feel it when you get the exercises down correct...another example, for calves...on the seated calf machine, i was sitting too far back, i started sitting on the edge of the bench where the weight bearing was perfectly over my calves, and my calves started growing, and you could feel the exhaustion and strain on them.

For diet, dont drink cola, or things with excess sugar..

High Protein, 4-5 meals a day
complex carbs(fruits, potatoes, other veggies)
water
etc..

LOTS OF REST..

Closed Thread