It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-09-2004, 03:38 PM   #1

Blistex1021 HB User
Unhappy I'm so depressed. Please help me.

Okay I am 17 years old, i'm 5'6 and 112 pounds. I'm skinny and I just don't understand. I have had cellulite for years now. Its horrible because I am so incredibly self-concious. I want be in a bathingsuit without shorts. The thing that kills me is that I always get compliments on my cute butt. Even my mom always says its cute. But if people only knew what was under my jeans. It is all over my butt and the back of thighs. I have an awesome boyfriend and I love him but I keep pushing him away because i'm so self concious. I won't let him ever see me without pants on and i'm afraid this is eventually going to kill our relationship. Please help me

Old 05-09-2004, 03:47 PM   #2
Inactive

prometheus HB User
Re: I'm so depressed. Please help me.

it is just the way your body stores fat, particularly hydrogenated, rancid, and transfats. Have you tried cutting these out of your diet?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-09-2004, 04:46 PM   #3
Inactive

Laurie2 HB User
Re: I'm so depressed- Please Help me.

Cellulite is just another word for fat deposits. Exercise will help burn the fat off but you need to eat properly to build up your weight. At 5'6" and 112 is rather low for that size even at 16. Of course, it depends on your frame too. But this is my opinion too.

I am the same height and largeframed (but 52) so 125 to 145 (according to old insurance stats) should be my optimum weight but 165 is acceptable at my age.

What have you been doing as exercise, what have you been eating for a diet?

Last edited by Laurie2; 05-09-2004 at 04:47 PM.

Old 05-09-2004, 05:24 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

girlygirl11 HB User

At 5'6 and 112 pounds you are severly underweight. DO NOT go on a diet- your body wont support another weight- in fact, im surprised that you have any fat on you whatsoever! If you lose more weight your bosy will not go after fat- itll go after muscle (aka your heart). Some people are born with cellulite- no matter what weight or how much fat your body has. At your weight/height i am telling you you do not have even an average amount of fat, let alone a lot. As much as it might be hard to hear, some people genetically are predisposed to have cellulite and theres nothing that can get rid of it. If youve tried all you can (ie/ squats, lunges) and its still there, that might be the case...sorry!! But youve got people telling you they think you have a cute butt and such.. jsut listen to them! Im sure what you see is hardly close to what they see (try asking a close friend that you admire what they think of themselves honestly..). Dont preoccupy yourself with things that people dont care about. You are obviously super thin- they arent going to think youre fat at all

Have you always been this weight or did you lose weight to get here?

Try not to focus on your "problem area". I hate my tummy and think i look like im pregnant (im not). People tell me completely otherwise...and of course, who do i believe? me. Wrong I know, and Im working of changing that. Meanwhile, I try not to look at my tummy purposely- b/c i know i wont like it. Avoid looking specifically at your bum/legs and focus on what you do like. Tell yourself it doesnt matter- youre not the only person who has cellulite and certainly not the last. Listen to what others say, and try to smile and flaunt what youve got!!

Old 05-09-2004, 05:56 PM   #5

Blistex1021 HB User

Okay i eat sooooo much. For the most part i eat healthy, but i eat a lot. I always go back for like 3rds. I can even eat a whole large pizza by myself. I watch what i eat, I do pilaties but i dont have much motivation to work out too much because imj not fat. I do 1000 crunches a day and i have abs but thats about it. I hate my cellulite. It makes me so depressed i feel sick.

Old 05-09-2004, 10:48 PM   #6
(female)

Lysander HB User

Girlygirl speaks wisdom.

Tons of thin people have cellulite and stretch marks...it's just something that can't be changed. I have a very skinny sister that sounds just like you. In fact, for a second I wondered if that wasn't her posting! She has a terrific cute butt but she thinks because she has cellulite that it's ugly, and she never lets her boyfriend see her naked with the lights on.

You're young. You should love your body. You're a real person, not some underweight model that had her thighs airbrushed. I bet your boyfriend, of ALL people would love your butt the most. No, I don't mean that way...but if he really DOES care for you and love you, then he knows you're human and not a magazine cut out. He'll still think your butt is cute. In fact, he might even have a few embarrassing normal things he thinks is wrong with himself. You never know.

Old 05-11-2004, 02:23 PM   #7
Inactive

VELOWcity HB User

Actually Laurie, you are half right, half wrong. Cellulite is fat deposits, but who knows if girlBlistex1021 is diagnosing herself correctly. If in fact you do have cellulite blistex, proper diet and weight training may improve the appearance, and stop further deposits, but the only way to remove cellulite if thats what you have is liposuction. I am not pulling this out of my ***, my father and sister are both doctors.

Old 05-11-2004, 02:24 PM   #8
Inactive

VELOWcity HB User

Oh yea, and you are incorrect in stating build up your weight, i think you meant increase your LEAN BODY mass, increasing weight increases the chances of increasing fat stores..

Old 05-11-2004, 03:19 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Crossbow HB User

I think you are probably having a nutritional problem if you are eating that much and still that underweight. You should be over 120, cellulite or not. So I have two suggestions:

Do standing leg-lifts to tone up your glutes. You just stand olding on to a chair and life your leg behind you. Not to high. Only do it until you fee a burn, and only every other day - muscles need around 24 hours to build and you can hurt yourself by working the same muscles the same way every day.

Second, ask your doctor about Celiac disease and other problems. Celiac disease is where eating wheat prevents you form absorbin nutrients. A vitmin C deficiency can do that too, and I'm sure there are lots of other problems that can do it.

Closed Thread