It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-14-2004, 12:45 PM   #1

VELOWcity80 HB User
VelowCity (velocity hehe) ask me anything.

Ask me stuff..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-14-2004, 02:53 PM   #2
(male)

Sebum HB User
Re: VelowCity (velocity hehe) ask me anything.

Let's see...

Will doing pushups or situps lessen the appearance of fat? I heard that doing them will tighten the muscles, pulling back the fat a little. My main concern is the pec region because I have man boobs. Eck... I know you can't spot reduce, but will it help at all? I am doing cardio 5 days a week.

How effective is CLA? I'm interested about it.

What are some good neck exercises? I have a very skinny neck and it makes my head look big.

Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-15-2004, 09:34 AM   #3

VELOWcity80 HB User

Well, as for CLA, supposed research says it works in preventing excessive breakdown of muscle tissue during a workout, and aids in recovery and body fat loss. You know what, I don't really know if it works or not, but like anything it might work for some and not for others. Anyhow, its recommended you use cla with tonalin. Pushups are a great exercise for building strength and muscle elasticity..Stomach exercises might reduce the "BULGE" but not really the layer of fat.. With men, fat deposits are between the abdominal muscles as well as on top..so thats what creates the bulge look..crunches will tighten those muscles allowing less space for fat between the abdominal muscles..reducing the bulge..but you have to reduce the fat as well for significant results.

Old 05-16-2004, 10:30 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Naxis HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebum

How effective is CLA? I'm interested about it.

What are some good neck exercises? I have a very skinny neck and it makes my head look big.

Thanks!
I think CLA is definitely helpful for fat loss *in addition* to a low cal diet.

For the neck, do trab and back exercises. They make the neck look thicker. Things like upright rows and shrugs.

$0.02

Old 05-16-2004, 12:42 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Abbey32 HB User

Does milk help you lose weight?

Old 05-16-2004, 06:17 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Naxis HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbey32
Does milk help you lose weight?
Proper calcium intake can. Milk itself isn't really necessary at all, imho. In fact, the lactose (which is a sugar) isn't all that great for dieting.

Old 05-18-2004, 06:16 AM   #7
Inactive
(male)

froe HB User

Hey Velowcity

Ok, give me all the advice you know for an ectomorph trying to gain muscle.

Old 05-21-2004, 11:52 AM   #8

VELOWcity80 HB User

IM BACKK...Well if you are an ectomorph, I would start with compound exercises, and only a few per muscle group. If you are new to working out, start out slow.

KEEP A LOG..progression on EACH workout is key..
EAT A LOT- if you are skinny, dont be afraid to eat fat...That doesnt mean get a valued member card at mcdonalds...Eat healthy to minimize fat gain...
EAT A LOT OF PROTEIN...
Basically just eat....do some reading on good diets...i eat a lot of fruit, veggies, and lean meat, mostly wheat bread, and i dont eat bread after 5. Muffins are good too, low in fat, good protein.

Do chest - incline/flat
Back - dead lifts/pull ups
legs - squats/lunges
arms- bi's\tris..
calves - standing and sitting calve raises..

lift heavy, when i get back ill give you a routine, try MAX-OT

Old 05-21-2004, 04:05 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

rita HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naxis
Proper calcium intake can. Milk itself isn't really necessary at all, imho. In fact, the lactose (which is a sugar) isn't all that great for dieting.
Actually, according to all the research, it is not calcium by itself that is so helpful to fat loss but calcium in dairy products, especially non and low fat dairy. In fact, in various studies, just taking a calcium supplement or calcium in various other forms did nothing for weight loss. It was specifically dairy intake that increased the amount of fat lost. If you cannot tolerate milk, then try yogurt or cheese.

Old 05-22-2004, 07:49 AM   #10
(female)

Trinket HB User
Exclamation Re: VelowCity (velocity hehe) ask me anything.

I went on the stationary bike for 45 minutes last night. Few hours later, went another 45 minutes. Then I did a lot of standing later on that night- mostly folding and putting pictures up on the new entertainment center I bought, making it look perfect and all. After all this, I noticed my legs would go numb sometimes, even when I woke up. Later today, after I woke up, I walked to the park and back which was probably about 45 min. of walking but I took breaks inbetween. Even before then, I have noticed all day, my shins feel weird, not like hurting, but like numbing, especially on the right side. I sorta wonder if my vein in my leg there is going to pop or something. Or if maybe I have real bad circulation? I am really worried. What should I do? Is this something that would make you not exercise and go to the doctor? I wanted to go on the bike tomorrow and Saturday again each day for 45 minutes. Please tell me what you think. Thank you!

Trinket

Old 05-23-2004, 02:18 PM   #11

VELOWcity80 HB User

Well im not too specialized on circulation and the feeling of your veins about to pop.. Maybe you are trying to rush your cardio training ahead too quickly, and your body isnt ready?? I don't know your medical history, but what i would do is try doing cardio for now, 20-25 minutes a day, 3-5 days a week...try to do wind sprints if you can..

How you do that is:

Duration 25 min

walk moderately 2 min, then run at 70% max intensity for 1 min, walk 2 min, then repeat previous steps, keep repeating until about the last 8-10 min...those wind sprints in the last 8-10 min should be at 80-85% max..2 min cool down to end..

You can apply the same technique to a bike..

Closed Thread