It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2004, 12:24 PM   #1
(male)

slaytanic HB User
bunch of questions for veterans

well there has always been an understanding that one does not use creatine while changing from a bulk to a cut but i was wondering since there is all this science out about how we need not load or cycle what you guys think? i am switching from about 4500 cal a day to 3000-3500 cal/day and cutting carbs half way throughout the day and cutting fat and carbs altogether at dinner. how does this sound? i guess my questions are as follows:

1) creating while cutting; good or bad?
2) does my dieting for cutting plan sound good for now?
3) i was going to wait for cardio until my cutting plateaus, cool?
4) i was going to use a creatine/carnatine/glutamine mix for a drink after workouts unless i do cardio afterwards, and therefore i would just take a protein drink sans carbs... good or not?

please let me know what you guys think. my bulk was pretty successful and stressful, i went from 167 lbs to 200 lbs since the beginning of december (and i didn't cover up all my abs, i can still see them!!!) and i am ready to cut it off and see what good i have done for myself. since this seems to be going so well i think after one more bulk and cut i can just maintain my state and that is what ive been hoping for. anyway i would appreciate all of your remarks. thank you so much.

STRONGERTHANALL!
-Pantera

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-15-2004, 03:13 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Endorphin Junky HB User
Re: bunch of questions for veterans

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaytanic
1) creating while cutting; good or bad?
2) does my dieting for cutting plan sound good for now?
3) i was going to wait for cardio until my cutting plateaus, cool?
4) i was going to use a creatine/carnatine/glutamine mix for a drink after workouts unless i do cardio afterwards, and therefore i would just take a protein drink sans carbs... good or not?
1) Good. Creatine supplementations #1 function is to increase power by extending the duration of time you're able to exert maximal power. This is still desirable when cutting. Stopping might help you lose a little more "weight" as you may lose some water weight, but the aim of cutting is to lose fat, not "weight".
2) Don't reduce your calories by such a drastic amount overnight. Taper your intake down til you're losing around 2lbs per week. That way you'll minimise muscle loss.
3) It's up to you. Any caloric deficit is enough, but adding cardio will mean you need to cut back on the cals a little less, not to mention the added health benifits. Plus your body will become more efficient at mobilising and burning fat. Personally, I'd add the cardio from the start of the cut (Actually, I wouldn't have cut it out altogather in the first place).
4) Taking creatine and glutamine togather will result in you absorbing neither efficiently. Take them separately, at least 20-30 mins apart. Carnitine is a waste of money.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread