It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-18-2004, 03:23 AM   #1

Sim_JC HB User
How to reduce fat in lower pectorals?

Right now I'm building muscles all over my body slowly, but I need to know exactly what are the best methods to reduce all that fat in the lower pectorals of the chest. After a few weeks my upper chest does seem fairly firm, while the lower area is where it is soft and flabby.

I'm thinking it's not gyno since I don't have any pain around the nipple or puffy-looking, and no hard lump of any sort (anything else I should look for?)

Should I go for cardio and dieting more, or can building muscles all around eventually lower the size/fat from my lower pectorals? Are there types of bench presses that I should do/avoid to get desired results?

Last edited by Sim_JC; 05-18-2004 at 03:24 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-18-2004, 05:01 AM   #2
Inactive

Laurie2 HB User
Re: How to reduce fat in lower pectorals?

The body takes fat stored from all over to use a fuel to burn calories as energy while exercising. There is no such thing as "spot reducing". The body must be worked as a whole to tap the problem spots. There are places where the body stores fat first....and these will be the last to go. With some, it is the stomach, with others it is the hips/thighs/legs. Others it is the back/shoulders and for you...it is that lower pec area right now.

Bench presses, Inclines, flyes and the like will help build the pec muscles. By building muscle mass, you will burn bodyfat. But do not focus on just those alone. Keep doing the others too. Do Squats as this is the "Queen" of the compound Core exercises as it targets 70% of your muscle groups. Legs, glutes, back and shoulders. The Chest is the second and "King" of the compound Core exercises because it targets that area along with the arms. The "King" and "Queen" must help and rule together.

Cardio after lifting or on nonlifting days is good to help keep the heartrate up and to help burn fat/keep metabolism up. But lifting forces your body to work harder, keeps your metabolism up longer while burning the bodyfat.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread