It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-20-2004, 08:56 AM   #1

Ouch101 HB User
Mysterious Injury

Hi ! I'm a first time board user. I was trying to research what happened to my hip when I came across this board. Hoping someone out there might have some answers.

I've been cross-training & weight training (3x/wk) for little over a month, not in the best cardio shape so I decided to train for a marathon (no, not to run one, but to jog/walk one in Sept). I was out jogging last Saturday and was only 3/4 mile through when I received a stabbing pain at the top of my right hip bone. At first it just hurt putting pressure on my right foot but the next thing I knew it hurt just moving my hip, excrutiating sitting down or standing up. Even just the slightest right hip movement. Also making the rotation of turning the heal inwards. It has healed rapidly (3 days) with lots of ice & 800mg Motrin & only a bruised feeling remains when I walk which is getting better every day; but even my PT can't figure out what happened. It's definetely not my IT Band. (Inches too high) Apparently it is right on the illiac crest. The symptoms are closer to that of a Hip Pointer but everything I read suggests that a traumatic blow to the area would be the cause.

Very confused and worried; I am serious about training for this marathon, it is something I've wanted to do for at least the last 10 years; but hoping to find out what happened to determine how to keep it from happening again, thus making training more difficult.

Hope someone can help. *fingers crossed*

Last edited by Ouch101; 05-20-2004 at 09:03 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-22-2004, 09:30 AM   #2
Senior Veteran

Evl316 HB User
Re: Mysterious Injury

Find a good chiropractor with a background in sports medicine or simply a sports medicine doctor.

Closed Thread