It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-20-2004, 03:33 PM   #1
(male)

PezDSpensr HB User
Twice a week...

First off, thanks to everyone who's posted helpful advice before. Now on to my next question...

I have gotten into the habit of excercising each muscle group two times a week (or at least I have when I'm not super lazy). It usually goes M/T light cardio, hard weights, W major cardio, and Th/F light cardio, hard weights. My question is that since I have to cover each muscle group in two days, which muscles should I excercise together?

Should I work out chest and shoulders together? Seems like a lot of pushing in one day. Back and arms together? Lots of stress on the biceps. But if that's what I gotta do, that's what I gotta do.

Thanks in advance for any help or routine suggestions.

Pez

PS. I'm sure this has been asked before, so my apologies if this seems a little familiar to some people.

Old 05-20-2004, 08:24 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Naxis HB User
Re: Twice a week...

I would alternate upper and lower body so you're not overtraining and allow enough time for recovery between workouts. Since you're hitting each muscle twice a week, you only need one or two exercises per muscle group each time. If you're doing presses and rows, you don't necessarily need to do isolation exercises for biceps and triceps which can save some time. Squats will take care of most of your leg needs also. I'd split it up something like this:

Mon: chest/back/(lateral)delts/arms - if you think you need it
Tue: Hams/Quads/Glutes/Calves/Abs
Wed: Cardio
Thu: same as Mon
Fri: same as Tue

Keep in mind, if you start to get fatigued, burned out, overly sore or losing strength or mass, you're overtraining and need to change the workout.
Just my $0.02

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread