It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-25-2004, 11:51 PM   #1

brucen32 HB User
Exercises to flatten chest?

Hi:

My pecs kind of look like they are breasts. When I wear t-shirts, it looks like I have breasts. My nipples are not near the bottom of the pec and protrude about 2 inches from the ribcage. I'm sure it's not body fat because I am quite skinny and when I flex my chest, the pecs tighten up and you can pinch very little fat. I have tried doing no chest exercise for a long time and they just don't seem to lose the muscle. Obviously liposuction wouldn't work since it's not a fat problem. I've recently started doing pushups or bench press with very little weight and lots of reps, but I think they are the source of the problem since they only get bigger with these exercises. My question is, are there any exercises that can be done to specifically flatten the pecs?

Bruce

Old 06-28-2004, 05:32 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

JinL HB UserJinL HB User
Re: Exercises to flatten chest?

No exercise will reduce mammary glands. If it is just puffy nipples they may go away if you are a teen. You indicated breasts & then nipples.

Millions of guys have Gynecomastia, large breasts, you may be one of us.
It is a little fat & mammary glands. The pecs muscles just make them stand out more.

Young guys are more concerned with the appearance of the breasts, they tend to make mountains out of mole hills. pun intended. Some doctors can determine if it is gynecomastia. Most male doctors seem to be clueless about it.

Mine started at about age 12. They were an embarassment for several years untill some of my girl friends started playing with them. Now they are a joy.

Mine were cause by genetics & low testosterone at puberty & later. I now have Testosterone gel supplement but the breasts were already formed. A blood test at the doctors can determine if it is caused by low male & high female hormones

Everyone is not perfect like the Hollywood standard, men or women. Some women are small breasted or flat chested & some men have large breasts. Notice at the mall & you will see that many men are like this & life goes on.

I am now married with children & I am 42C.

Good luck.

Last edited by Gin2C; 06-28-2004 at 05:34 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-28-2004, 12:53 PM   #3

HobbZ HB User

My question is a similar one.

What if this is just fat, nothing to do with hormones?

I do have some bodyfat and I feel that these "breasts" are part of my generally flabby body. Does exercise help toning these or will it result in what the first poster said: enlargement of the "breasts"

Old 06-29-2004, 05:58 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

JinL HB UserJinL HB User

"What if this is just fat, nothing to do with hormones?

If it is just fat, exercise & diet will reduce them. Chest exercise muscles will only push them out more.

If you are very fat for a long time, the fat will help generate female hormones that will increase the mammary glands.

You do not spot reduce with diet or exercise. It removes the fat all over. Usually last on first off.

It will take months of diet & exercise to work. It is said that it takes as long to remove fat as it took to put it on. It usually takes a lifestyle change in eating & exercise habits to keep the weight off.

Stay away from the surgar foods, white bread & potatos

Hope that helps.

Good luck.

Last edited by Gin2C; 06-29-2004 at 05:58 AM.

Old 07-01-2004, 08:38 PM   #5

brucen32 HB User

Like I said in the post, I don't think it's fat, so they are not real breast per se. When I flex, they do tighten up like muscles, and you can barely pinch any fat. I'm just wondering why the muscles don't get smaller with inactivity. Or get smaller by doing very high reps. Oh well maybe I'm stuck with it.

Old 07-08-2004, 09:41 AM   #6

AbercrombieGuy HB User

wait...i have i think just excess fat that give me little boobs i guess u could say. Its not that noticable but my nipples seem to be lower on my body because of the saggy area. I do chest excercises and benchpress. Will this make them more saggy? How can i tighten my brests? and lift my nipples up? I believe its just a little excess fat and not hormones...should i not do the chest exercises?

Old 08-15-2004, 09:19 PM   #7

Alez HB User

I have the same problem, but I am fat. Im trying my hardest to lose weight (already lost 30 pounds) wat do u guys think? And I have been fat and have had these "breasts" for a long time. Like 4 years. I didnt use to have em untill i was about 13 (when I started gaining) I really need somebody to explain this to me, if they r breasts, would surgury help? I dont care how but I am getting rid of these.

Old 08-19-2004, 05:05 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(male)

JinL HB UserJinL HB User

Alez:

As a teen the breasts can be very embarassing since society has been taught that men do not have breasts.
But look at the real world, everyone is not built as the Hollywood perfect male. Look aropund in the mall & you will see about half of the guys over 30 are wearing T-shirts & have breasts. Some are larger than some of the females.

If you want surgery and have had your hormones balanced it will cost from $4000.00 to $7000.00 for the surgery. If the hormones are not in balance they may grow back.

Many men have low testosterone production, many have high estrogen production. Both cases can lead to larger breasts.

The only way to know your hormone levels is to have a full male/female hormone blood
test. You can not tell hormone levels by looking.

Male breasts & nipples can be very sexually stimulating. Many women like to play with them. Mine started to grow about the same as yours, at the start of puberty.
I am now married, have children, & size "C" breasts. Never surgery for me.

Good luck in your decision.

Closed Thread