It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2004, 12:42 PM   #1
Inactive

wannabehotguy HB User
What do I wear under spandex shorts?

I've been doing a lot of running and I love spandex shorts when I run. I am thin and some what sexy (On my way up to be even more SEXY) so I look good in tight shorts. I am also a guy too. But I am wondering what should I wear under spandex-biking type shorts. Basically the shorts that are tight against the thighs and butt area. I don't know if it is accepetable for the underwear line to be showing but basically that is what has been happening. And I don't think it is all that appealing. Looks a bit white trash.
Well if you could offere any advice that would be awesome.

Last edited by wannabehotguy; 09-05-2004 at 12:45 PM.

Old 09-06-2004, 08:13 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

aquagirl007 HB User
Re: What do I wear under spandex shorts?

I typically do not find spandex shorts attractive on men. If you are running, I would think you would want to wear some type of underwear. The strap for an athletic supporter would also show under the shorts, an it is even less pretty than regular underwear -- I've seen it and its not nice. Maybe if you wear shorts that are a little looser, but are a thin enough fabric that they will still show off a nice rear end, you would be a little more comfortable.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-06-2004, 02:32 PM   #3
Inactive

wannabehotguy HB User

Ok cool. How come spandex shorts are not attractive on men? It is like running about naked! How can you not like that? I understand if the guy is like 300 pounds out of shape and not wearing underwear. Also most guys in sports wear really tight clothing especially in cycling, swimming sports, and especially weight lifting and wrestling. Spandex is a big part of sports fashion for men.

Last edited by wannabehotguy; 09-06-2004 at 04:35 PM.

Old 09-07-2004, 06:18 AM   #4

Jimmy King HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabehotguy
Ok cool. How come spandex shorts are not attractive on men? It is like running about naked! How can you not like that? I understand if the guy is like 300 pounds out of shape and not wearing underwear. Also most guys in sports wear really tight clothing especially in cycling, swimming sports, and especially weight lifting and wrestling. Spandex is a big part of sports fashion for men.
In those sports they don't wear spandex because they think it looks cool, they wear it for an athletic advantage. Since it's not flapping in the wind or water it creates less drag, which means you can swim or bike slightly faster and longer. It may not seem like much, but in a very close race it could be the difference. Other sports do it because loose clothes could get caught on something. A wrestlet could grab your loose shirt or shorts and use those to keep ahold of you, which is easier than grabbing onto your body, etc. It's for function, not fashion.

Old 09-07-2004, 11:34 AM   #5
Inactive
(female)

aquagirl007 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabehotguy
Well, I actually have seen naken running, and while it is comical, I wouldn't say it is attractive. I simply prefer to not see every nook and cranny on random men, whether they are good looking and in shape or not. I like something to be left to the imagination. Also I think spandex is a little out of style. I agree with the the poster who said it is for function, not fashion.

Old 09-07-2004, 12:29 PM   #6

Summer Girl HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquagirl007
Well, I actually have seen naken running, and while it is comical, I wouldn't say it is attractive. I simply prefer to not see every nook and cranny on random men, whether they are good looking and in shape or not. I like something to be left to the imagination. Also I think spandex is a little out of style. I agree with the the poster who said it is for function, not fashion.

I agree!!

Old 09-07-2004, 05:46 PM   #7
Inactive

wannabehotguy HB User

Well I don't wear spandex all the time. I wear jogging pants and baggy shiney soccer shorts. Have you ever been to sports shops they have a ton of spandex shorts in the mens area under running. So it is NOT completely out of style. And yeah I was on the swim team I had to wear very uncomfortable speedos which look really dumb....but are good for swimming smoother and more quickly.

Old 09-07-2004, 06:27 PM   #8
(female)

FMY HB User

I am a women and I personally have never seen a pair that looked good on any man. Whether they are in the olimpics or running on the street.

Old 09-08-2004, 06:27 PM   #9
Inactive

wannabehotguy HB User

Are all you women over the age of 75 (sarcasm)? Or are yall frigid?
I am a gay guy. Us gay guys like to show off what we've got. And I am sure I know not to run around with spandex shorts out on the street or in public infront of thousands of females LOL. I don't want rocks thrown at me.

Old 09-09-2004, 09:06 AM   #10

mybody HB User

Hi!

If I were you, I'd look into thong underwear. It's what I wear to avoid undie lines (and in the end they're more comfortable to me - no pun intended). I know I've seen them for men.

The shorts will hold you in where it counts, so don't worry about a thong not having a lot of support. Or, really, do you need to wear anything under them?

While most women don't find spandex on men attractive, I agree, gay men do. So I say if you've got it, flaunt it!

Old 09-09-2004, 02:49 PM   #11
Inactive

wannabehotguy HB User

Thanks for your support MyBody. That is really cool that you understand that gay guys are different. Us gay men find those straight guys who wrestler or cycle in those tights to be very very sexy and pretty....especially when they are thin and in shape. Kind of like a straight guy who sees a sexy girl in really tight clothing. Same thing for us gay men.

Old 10-14-2004, 10:38 PM   #12

LOPENYC HB User

why don't u post to gay board?

Old 10-15-2004, 06:01 AM   #13

phillydude HB User

Gay or straight, the guy's got a legitimate question.

Having been a competitive bicyclist for many years, I can safely say that you do not NEED to wear underwear with spandex shorts, especially bike shorts (which have special padding). One of the big advantages of spandex is that it helps prevent chafing by holding your "personal bits" tightly against the body, and provides relief from any friction caused by your legs rubbing together, etc... Wearing underwear with spandex defeats the purpose.

As far as the appearance to other people, it's really not about them, is it? If YOU feel uncomfortable that you might be offending someone, then by all means put a pair of running shorts or soccer shorts on over your spandex shorts. You are WORKING OUT... it's not supposed to a frickin fashion show.

Old 10-15-2004, 06:42 AM   #14
Senior Veteran
(male)

MrOwl HB User

The Philly Dude is right on! Compression shorts or a jock is the first layer. Other clothes go on top of these. What you wear for sports is primarily for your safety and comfort. Looks are a secondary consideration.

The people I know who have been happily married for years are those that were attracted to each other by their character. Especially the women were attracted by the man's character not his looks. It is young teen girls that most often titter about a boy's looks. If you want the honor of having a long and happy marriage, and raising healthy, happy, children, work on you character first, and then on how you look.

Physical attraction fades character lasts forever. There is nothing wrong with wanting to look good, just do not make it your first goal, man.

Old 10-15-2004, 12:28 PM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

hillaryb HB User

Lol my "gaydar" went of with the very first post!!!! And I dont mean that in a bad way, either. Spandex is fine, I guess, if you like to wear it. Im female, I prefer knit stuff, but baggy definately isnt flattering to me, at all! I dont like baggy anything, though. I like fitted, not skintight, and bootie is always good-girl or guy (long as its not flat or lumpy). I will say this: there is a difference between sexy and gross. if we all get to know every last detail about your private parts from your shorts, thats kind of gross. If we get an "idea" --that can be titilating, because it makes you wonder...

Look at it like this: cameltoe is kinda gross, not sexy, and I guess the same would go for the bulge--show off what you work out for but dont rub it all up in my face!!!

Closed Thread