It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-16-2004, 08:34 PM   #1
(female)

baby_bytes HB User
how long does soreness last when you start doing pushups, etc?

So yeah, how long will the soreness last when you start doing push ups, sit ups, crunch's etc until finally your body get's used to it?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-18-2004, 03:01 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

bordrgrl HB User
Re: how long does soreness last when you start doing pushups, etc?

Pushups can make me sore for like 5 days. Abs I'm usually only sore the day I do it. I try to build up slowly enough that I'm only sore for a day or 2 at most.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-18-2004, 03:49 PM   #3
(female)

baby_bytes HB User

i think your right, when i started doing crunches i was sore for about 2 days, but with my arms, are still sore, but i'm guessing that's b/c i never really did any excersises for my arms so they're not used to it

Old 10-22-2004, 06:21 PM   #4
(male)

dkd5 HB User

After 5 months of no excercise i started doing pushs and i did way less than what i could do before and i still was sore for a week and a half(my left hand was more sore)

Old 10-22-2004, 07:44 PM   #5
(male)

Zshock HB User

Well I used to lift, but then I took a break and I never really got back into it...anyways about a year went by and then I started lifting again. I decided that since I hadn't lifted in a while that I should start off light. I did 1/3 of what I used to do and I was sore for about 1-2 weeks then the soreness went away and I decided to up the exercise and do 2/3 of what I used to do. I waited for about 1-2 weeks till the sore feeling went away and before long I was back to my old training routine.

I feel sore before and after exercising all the time, but I just work through it...I find that although you may feel too sore to exercise, you feel much better after you do it...so you might just have to push yourself through the first 10-20 minutes, but after that you'll feel alot better. Eventually your muscles will adapt to what your doing and you won't be as sore, I've also heard that stretching after workingout is a good way to prevent your muscles from being sore or as sore as they would be if you didn't.

Old 10-22-2004, 07:52 PM   #6
Inactive

Weatherman Pipe HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by baby_bytes
So yeah, how long will the soreness last when you start doing push ups, sit ups, crunch's etc until finally your body get's used to it?
2- 5 days!

Old 10-23-2004, 12:16 AM   #7
(female)

baby_bytes HB User

wow fortunately my soreness went away yay! i try to vary what days not to do the push ups and crunches so i won't get exhausted hehe

Closed Thread