It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2005, 12:30 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

deltoro HB User
How much Yoga before I look like Madonna?

Hey Guys,
I just wanted to bring this topic up again, I am really curious what everybody has to say about this topic. It was touched on but I would really like some more information if anyone has any. I am on a weightloss plan, and have incorporated treadmill cardio work 3x a week for 20 minutes. I hate exercise, so even this is pushing it for me. I have lost 40lbs, and am now at the skinny/fat phase with 20 more to loose. So here is my question, how much yoga and how often do you need to do it to become really buff and move up to more difficult yoga? I really tolerate yoga well as far as exercise so this is going to be my focus, ,I can only stick with what I don't hate and so far it is yoga, although I do plan to keep the cardio up to fight the flab. Thanks for the advice on a earlier post mf2. So there you have it, how much yoga should I be doing to look like Madonna? Any tips,insults and suggestions welcome! Just kidding about the insult thing.....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-06-2005, 02:59 PM   #2
(female)

LouB HB User
Re: How much Yoga before I look like Madonna?

well every one is diffent if you put the hard work in your more then likely to get there fast but,, but some time slow progress is better as your more then likely to keep it up.... so enjoy it and take your time BUt dont be lazy if you know what i mean

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-06-2005, 03:02 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

deltoro HB User

Yes, I do know what you mean about being lazy. I am currently unemployed and while looking for a new job that leaves alot of time open during the day to practice, so I am hoping for some good results.

Old 02-06-2005, 03:51 PM   #4
(female)

LouB HB User

WELL DONE FOR LOOSING THAT WEIGTH

Last edited by LouB; 02-06-2005 at 03:52 PM.

Old 02-07-2005, 04:19 PM   #5
(female)

AnitaPita HB User

I know Madonna does yoga, but I don't think thats where the majority of her muscle comes from. To get arms like hers, you would definitely have to do some weight training in addition to yoga.

Old 02-07-2005, 10:55 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

veggie girl HB User

To be honest, I think Madonnas body is horrible and always has been. Shes just so skinny and boney and muscular. She look much better in her Desperately Seeking Susan days when she had curves. This whole fitness thing has made her look like an old prune. Sorry!!

But, if you wanna be toned and don't have more than 20lb to lose, within 6 monthes of clean eating, regular cardio and strength training you could do it.

Old 02-08-2005, 04:27 AM   #7

mommy-of-2 HB User

congrats on the weight loss, now for looking like madonna, well you have to start using weights, build muscle, yoga alone isn't going to make you look like her, she does ALOT of weight training, ALOT.... I also sugest doing it now that way while your building muscle w/ weights you can burn fat w/ cardio... and in the end you'll look like a skinny toned person, instead a skinny fat person like you said... also if you weight train while your losing the fat it keeps your matabolism high for 24 to 48 hrs after the workout it's called the "after burn" you'll be burning calories all day instead of just when you workout... keep up the good work

Old 02-08-2005, 02:28 PM   #8
Inactive
(female)

deltoro HB User

Thanks Guys, I appreciate all your help. Hard to know where to go sometimes when you are at a certain point in your weightloss, I will work hard and let you know how it goes! Thanks again

Old 03-29-2005, 04:12 PM   #9
Inactive
(female)

deltoro HB User

Hey guys! Just an update, I have been working out with my yoga, doing a little cardio and my body is really changing, I am starting to get some of that cut look on my stomach and my arms are firmer, butt is looking much better and have lost another 15lbs! I have another question.... I was just wondering if anyone knows the routine that jessica simpson used while training for Dukes of Hazzard to get Daisy Duke ready? Not hatefull responses please! I don't want to be here, just want to get my body in great shape like she did! I saw her on set and she looked unbelievable, she has really worked on her body. Please let me know, any suggestions are welcome!

Old 03-30-2005, 07:14 AM   #10
(female)

superherogirl80 HB User

deltoro-
I am looking for a new yoga routine--
are you doing it at a center or using tapes? I love it but have not found a place near me that is as good as where I used to live

Old 03-30-2005, 08:18 AM   #11
(female)

Gainup HB User

Just a suggestion. I've been doing Bikram yoga for 6 months (everyday) and have gone down 3 jean sizes. I had to go buy all new jeans, old ones are falling off me. I didn't change my diet and can eat almost anything I want. (not fast food, never really ate that anyways) You could probably find a studio near you, but any yoga will help!!

Old 03-30-2005, 05:19 PM   #12
Veteran

rach12 HB User

For the Jessica Simpson plan hahahaha I do not know what she did but my guess is this:

About 1 hour of cardio a day 6 days a week--( running, Interval training, etc)
with about 30 minutes to a hour of weights alternating weight days upper and lower body.
The main thing I can assume is her diet was A+++. High protien low fat good carbs from veggies and Oats. (regular oatmeal) that sorta thing. Most likely 5 small meals a day. And TIME and patience.

Old 03-30-2005, 05:38 PM   #13
Inactive
(female)

deltoro HB User

Hey SuperHerogirl80! I started with a Giam tape "Yoga for Weightloss", then I got the Yoga Booty Ballet series which I love and have really helped with cardio, and the weights involved in the workout. I would recommend both for beginners or advanced both tapes show modified versions of all the moves, I have really enjoyed them both. I was taking some classes at the gym but had to drop my membership due to lack of money! Thanks for the tips guys!Good Luck

Old 03-31-2005, 06:50 AM   #14
(female)

superherogirl80 HB User

Deltoro-
Thanks so much for the suggestions. I actually bought that yoga for weightloss yesterday!!
I just need a good workout to keep me tone but not really add much muscle.
Thanks again- I'll let you know how i like it

Old 03-31-2005, 09:50 PM   #15
Inactive
(female)

deltoro HB User

No problem, good luck! That is a great starter tape that you can modify as you get better I highly recommend it and is a very gently but effective workout.

Closed Thread