It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2005, 04:55 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

SammyT HB User
Protien question (man u must get these alot)

hey!

ok....i 14 am forteen, i have major eating problems but i am willing to use my willpower!! okay, i take dancing, i do sports, but i am just a weakling! should i eat protien before and afterwards? i have a major thing about gaining weight....but i can eat lean meats and tuna...i LOVE meat! so..before and after? how much protien is too much? i need muscle!! i dont workout or lift weights or nething.. i dont do crunches or squats every flippin day but i am an active girl. should i start doing squats and stuff too improve my lleg muscles??

how much calories should i have ina day?? haha sorry for so many questions!

Old 02-09-2005, 05:58 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

dfwgoodguy HB User
Re: Protien question (man u must get these alot)

Squats are good, stairs are too. Eating protein is not going to give you strength. You need to do some resistance training to build strength and muscle. There really is no TOO much protein, there really might be, but you'd really have to struggle to overdo it.

Eat protein before and after a workout, to help in the rebuilding of muscle tissue. You should eat protein with every meal too. But especially before/after a workout session.

What actually are you trying to improve? Jump height, stamina, throwing stuff, what? As for your calorie need, what is your height and weight? I don't know the breakout, but someone here might. Id say 2000 calories is good for active people, you shouldn't gain or lose weight. Might gain a little weight, but will be muscle if you go that route.

But yeah, if you wanna work your legs out, do stairs, squats, jogging, jumprope..all those are good for stamina and leg strength. 2-3 times a week is good, for about an hour maybe 2, or somewhere inbetween.

Good Luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-09-2005, 08:58 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

SammyT HB User

okay, thanks for ur advice..o i dunno, im a rake right now and baseball is commin up and that takes a lot of muscle for arms...and if i was to do an hour of leg stuff can i take breaks in between? like say maybe 10 minutes...then a break, then 15, then a break, cuz really, an hour? i would die haha.

Old 02-10-2005, 07:21 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jess75 HB UserJess75 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SammyT
hey!

ok....i 14 am forteen, i have major eating problems but i am willing to use my willpower!! okay, i take dancing, i do sports, but i am just a weakling! should i eat protien before and afterwards? i have a major thing about gaining weight....but i can eat lean meats and tuna...i LOVE meat! so..before and after? how much protien is too much? i need muscle!! i dont workout or lift weights or nething.. i dont do crunches or squats every flippin day but i am an active girl. should i start doing squats and stuff too improve my lleg muscles??

how much calories should i have ina day?? haha sorry for so many questions!
I told you in the other post that you needed 1995 calories, (I think) remember? And how much protein do you usually eat a day. It's recommended to eat about half of your weight in grams so your about 96 lbs right? So about 47g of protein a day would be sufficient(this is what I read somewhere). Try to have some protein with about 3 of your meals like, eggs, cottage cheese, chicken, etc.... none of that "fake meat" right? lol (something in another post).

Last edited by Jess75; 02-10-2005 at 07:22 AM.

Closed Thread