It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2005, 02:03 PM   #1
(male)

HiTherePeeples HB User
help me become "death camp skinny"

you know the type, really tall and skinny death metal rockers.

anyway, I was in 10th grade and tired of putting up with people's crap so I finally decided I'd do something to better myself. At the time I was approx. 190lbs on a scrawny 5'7" Irish frame, none of this was muscle mind you. I had (and still have) the muscular structure weaker than most 7 year old girls. This really doesn't bother me, what does bother me is that I've never been able to get rid of these damned man boobs. I appologize, I'm drifting from the story...so I got into atkins, thought that may help and by God it did. For about 8 months I did moderate exercise for maybe an hour a day, skipping days here and there. and I managed to get myself to 130lbs. Now instead of constantly being told that "you're going to end up square", I'm told "___, you're too damn skinny, you need to eat more". But what I can't understand is why I can't eat what I want, when I want, and however much I want. I have a friend who is maybe 110lbs if that, constantly snacking....I'm dead serious, he never stops eating. I tend to think that it's the first 7 years of a child's life, if they can manage to stay skinny those 7 years they'll stay it for most of their life.

See, the thing is I can get down to 123lbs, but as soon as I eat in a larger quantity I can gain over 5lbs in a week's time. Lately I've been trying reduced calorie and atkins combined, because I'll never give up on atkins...it made me what I am. But yeah, I really don't exercise at all. And I seem to notice that my abdomen really isn't fat, it's just "bloated" if you will. cause I can't really grasp much fat there, but when I eat...especially sugar substitutes, not even in large amounts it doesn't stay like it should. When I lean back it tightens up and it's all good, but sometimes I'll flex and it's like there's mega air behind it. Do I need to do some toning? What will help me fix this situation.

one last thing, if it weren't for these DAMNED flabalicious man breasticles I would actually look really skinny, what can I do to get rid of them. Cause really, no matter what I weigh they're like 2" out and I'm starting to worry I have some overproduction of woman's horomones and it's freaking me out.

I've heard things about pillates...is that any good, anyone tried it?

so yeah I came back to this site because without it I never would've started atkins and I'd still be 190lbs, I trust that you're all really knowlegable, If you can help me out that'd be great. feel free to ask a bunch of questions, no matter how personal, I really don't care. Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-23-2005, 02:09 PM   #2
(male)

HiTherePeeples HB User
Re: help me become "death camp skinny"

you know what else I've learned, I can survive on extreme low amounts of calories. I barely get hungry all day. Though I don't starve myself, I'd just like to be hungry and therefore able to eat more often

Old 02-23-2005, 03:36 PM   #3
(female)

jade112 HB User

Hi
Are you in a band or something or you just like heavy metal music? Not that it matters I was just wondering.
About your big breasts, have you ever had a personal trainer? If you dont want one, there are web sites you can go to just to ask them questions maybe they can help you with some exercise for them to go away?

Or a nutritionist could maybe help too. I am like you in that I dont eat very much... at all. I have been like this for year and years and it has affected my body terribly. You dont realize it, but exersice can only get you so far if your diet is that poor. They will tell you what foods you need to eat to change your body, its really pretty cool. I just started back at my gym again and it is so tuff but so worth it, I just gotta work on the eating thing, cause it is no good!
Good Luck & You'll be rid of them in no time!! No worries

Jade

Old 02-23-2005, 04:38 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Naxis HB User

Most of the population cant eat whatever they want, however much they want, whenever they want. There are a few that have very high natural metabolism, but the general public can't look to that as any kind of norm. It just isnt that way.

For your weight (which is dangerously low btw), I hate to tell you but it sounds like you are dealing with Gynecomastia, not run-of-the-mill fat. It's a condition (and a fairly common one) where the glands in the chest act more like they do in women so the hard glandular center is enlarged and it produces more "estrogen" fat around it. The only real way to eliminate this is surgery. No diet or exercise can get rid of it. Check with your doc the next time you're in and s/he can tell you for sure.

As far as your abs, it sounds like you have some intestinal bloating. Stay away from the artificial sweeteners and stick to lean protein and vegetables and lots of water and it should "flush" you out. Watching your posture will help too. Ideally you should have some amount of tension in your abdominal muscles at all times, rather than just "letting your gut out". It will help keep your back up straight and help you keep your gut in.
Pilates and/or SOME exercise would be very good to put some healthy weight on you - as long as you don't get so caught up on the number on the scale. Adding a little lean muscle would be beneficial to your general health in addition to aesthetics.

Old 02-23-2005, 08:07 PM   #5
(male)

HiTherePeeples HB User

no, I'm not in a band, I'm Irish we're just not that talented. Take U2 for example, no tallent there

BUT DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN! That's some freaky...feces...wow, um how much would surgery run me?

why in god's name would a man be producing women's schtuff...DAMN YOU IRELAND!

...can I get them checked for free?

Last edited by HiTherePeeples; 02-23-2005 at 08:31 PM.

Old 02-23-2005, 09:36 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Naxis HB User

Im not a surgeon or a doctor so I don't know but probably a few thousand. I don't think you can get them checked for free.
Men and women produce mostly the same stuff, just in different amounts. Like I said, this really isn't that uncommon.

Old 02-24-2005, 03:01 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

ChappyBoy HB User

The title of this post caught my attention. I have been in the fitness field for longer than you have been alive and this is the first request I have seen to look like a death camp survivor. So, you want to catabolize all your muscle, shut down your meatbolism and get your major organs to fail? A shrink might be better than a trainer.

If you suffer from Gyno the only solution is surgery - it is fairly common and all men produce estrogen as well as testosterone. If you are on the East Coast search the name "Dr Rick Silverman" in any search engine. He is out of MA and specializes in this procedure. He has a a web page that is quite informative

Best of luck to you.

Closed Thread