It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2005, 05:40 AM   #1
(male)

dragonfire24 HB User
ab, arm & butt excersize question

Hello. I just lost alot of weight and now weigh 164. I wanna know some good easy ab workouts so I can firm up my stomach a bit.

Im also trying to get some muscle in my arms, and shoulders. I use two 35 pound metal dumbells. I wanna know certain types of excersices I can do with them.

I also wanna know a few butt excersices

Old 03-13-2005, 09:13 AM   #2
(male)

BP03 HB User
Re: ab, arm & butt excersize question

Sit-ups work wonders for me...I know some people say that they dont help or dont give any visual results. Just this week I started a new workout plan. I do about 350 different situps a day. I start out on a decline bench and do 50 straight towards my knees. Then I will work out the sides by starting in the middle of the bench and moving towards one side or the other on the way up ( I do about 25 per side). Then I will do 100 crunches on the ab roller (not sure if thats what its called, but its the thing that you lay on the floor and has bars on the side that also lift your head up). I do those w/ my legs up at a 90 degree angle. After that, i will go back to the decline bench and put a round 35 lb weight on my chest and abdomen and do as many situps as I can w/ that on...usually about 30. Afterwards, I will do 50 regular crunches on the floor w/o the help of any equipment w/ my legs flexed at 90 degrees upward. To finish the ab workout, I will lay supine on my back and cross my right leg over my left leg that is laying flat on the ground (right foot about even w/ left knee) I will do 50 crunches just enough to get your shoulders off the floor, then I will switch legs to work the other side of the abdominal and do 50 more of those.

I have had lower back problems in the past, and that is pretty much due to my old beer belly, but doing this everyday has helped significantly in the past week. You will notice your abdomen getting a lot tighter also. Keep eating healthy and doing the cardiovascular exercises too to lose all the bad fat.

Good Luck!!

by the way, if you dont think you can do a certain amount of weight on the chest, then dont...its best to start out w/ just a little bit then add more as you feel more comfortable.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread