It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-16-2005, 12:45 PM   #1
Inactive
(male)

ratboy83 HB User
Question this exercise hurts.

i've started doing free weights. i have been doing curcuit training but there is one exercise i find really hurts when i do it. i'm not really that weak or anything at all, just looking to tone up a bit not really gain mass. anyway, i've found that when i try and do tri-cep kick backs it rally hurst the joint of my shoulder loads. the thing is though that it doesn't hurt my tri-ceps as if the weight is too much and i don't even use a heavy weight when it hurt (i tried doing heavier weights but when it hurt dropped down thinking it might be too heavy). the weight i tried to use was only a barbell with 1kg!!!! i don't get it. i can do press ups fine and can do tri-cep extensions. i can also do all of the shoulder exercises, which really confuses me if i have something wrong with my shoulder. its only that one exercise that hurts it. i have stopped it for the time being as i guess if it hurts then it can't be good. any thought as to what might be wrong????????

alex.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-16-2005, 01:03 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

ChappyBoy HB User
Re: this exercise hurts.

Hey Alex -

Really togh to say whats going on in there. The shoulder is a really fragile joint but, that what gives it the great mobility and range of motion. The good news is that a kick back is a crappy exercise anyway so I would just scrap it and work around it. Try my favorite (and inmy personal opinion the best tri exercise)

Nose breakers with a twist
Start lying on your back with an easy curl bar in the extended bench press position. lower the bar towards your nose with only movement at the elbow. Now as you get close to your face start the secon half of the movement and drop your shoulder back so the bar passes over your head - its two part elbow movement first then shoulder movement. Now return to the start position in one movement. This is a great tri exercise even stressing the tie in of the tricep to the shoulder which is often neglected.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread