It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-18-2005, 02:51 PM   #1
(female)

alicey123 HB User
Is drink 3 litres of water a day bad?

Ive been drinkin a lot more water than usual lately. I drink about 3 litres a day. Im not sure if thats close to the 8 glasses of water a day. But Im drinking a lot more to of course be healthy, but I just wanted to also lose like 5 lbs because I am just feeling fat lately. I started drinking more water about a week ago and my bf says ive lost about 10 lbs which is a lot on my small frame and very unhealthy your only suppose to lose about a pound a week for it to be healthy. Why would I lose so much weight ? Does it really help that much?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-18-2005, 03:52 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Naxis HB User
Re: Is drink 3 litres of water a day bad?

Thats a great amount of water to be drinking. Most of what you are losing is probably just retained water and it's not abnormal or unhealthy. As you provide more constant water supply, the body tends to hold less in, so you're literally just flushing out. This is not FAT loss, mind you, but it definitely makes a noticeable difference.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-21-2005, 12:02 PM   #3
(female)

alicey123 HB User

I also forgot to add that Im peeing every literally 10 minutes. Am I supposed to do that? or should my bladder be able to hold it in a bit better... cuz i thinkin I just dont have a strong one.

Old 03-21-2005, 12:18 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Naxis HB User

It's normal if you just started drinking this much. The body takes a couple weeks to get used to it. Still plan on pee breaks very couple hours, but it's not abnormal.

Old 03-23-2005, 01:08 PM   #5

MKLowTone HB User

just wondering, did your bf weigh you while you weren't looking? If not then he wouldn't be able to say that you lost 10lbs - he's probably just trying (and clearly failing) to make you feel good

Old 03-24-2005, 10:16 PM   #6
(male)

yaddayadda3 HB User

i dont think its bad drinking water mabe for your restroom breaks must pee like a horse

Closed Thread