It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-19-2005, 09:24 AM   #1

prnzcharmin HB User
Question for PHILLY or NAXIS;

Quick question about Zantrex.

I know there has been some previous discussion here about it. I am a 28 year old male, weigh 175, and am really having a hard time getting my weight down to where I want it. I go in and out of the gym (still trying to get committed to that more regularly), and my diet fluctuates. When I run, I do (6) miles on average, usually about 3-4 times per week (on a good week). I get hit with the cravings later in the day for junkfood, which may be part of my problem.

I have taken Zantrex a couple of times and found that it is very good at reducing cravings, (often times I have to remind myself to eat). Here's the question:

The goal is to get down around 160. Can I take Zantrex, run 2-3 days per week and hit the gym a day or two and reach my goals? (the gym is more or less for toning, etc.) Like I said, the Zantrex is mainly for the cravings, however I do look forward to some additional fat-loss benefits. If this is do-able, where should my caloric intake realistically be? Any suggestions? -Chris

Last edited by prnzcharmin; 03-19-2005 at 09:25 AM.

Old 03-19-2005, 05:08 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Naxis HB User
Re: Question for PHILLY or NAXIS;

Well, your BMR is roughly 1700-1800 depending on your body fat % (higher %, lower caloric need). I'd try to stick to around that on non workout days and maybe 200-300 higher on workout days. That should get you on a pretty consistent deficit. I don't know anything about Zantrex, but I'd guess that late evening junk binges are your primary progress killer. Hopefully you can get that worked out without chemical mediation. I'm extremely wary of meds because there are so many things that can go wrong or side effects that they don't know about until it's too late (call me paranoid). But besides, it's just a bandaid fix to a bigger issue. Back to the point, yes, if you are eating clean with a caloric deficit and working out several times a week, you should definitely see fat loss.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread