It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-19-2005, 10:30 PM   #1
(male)

Location: A little town called Silent Hill (lol, maybe not THAT bad yet)
privatescreen33 HB User
Exclamation Severely underweight..please help

I am a very seriously underwight 21 year old male. No matter how much i eat i can never gain any weight. I am 6'1 and 120 lbs (yes, if you can imagine that you will understand my concern). I have a few problems with my body and i want to know if they are related to my weight problem and can they be alleviated? Here is my list....

1. Poor skin tone: I have many marks (scars) on my back and very loose crepey looking skin on my butt and near my hips. I have suffered no injury on my butt or anything so i dont believe they are scars. I have looked up on stretch marks and they dont look like those either. it pretty much just looks like a very saggy butt with indented lines on it.
2. Very dry skin: I have very dry skin on my face and neck. Its like my face is 3 sizes too small. I have mentioned this in a board on here and Im still not sure what to do about it. Its also very irritated in the morning and it feels like i exfoliated my skin and used harsh cleanser after. kinda feels like a mild sunburn. Someone mentioned rosacea but to look at me you would never think that (no redness like seen in rosacea).
3. Weak Muscles: I cant lift very much and being a guy this is really sad. I want to be strong but im just not. I know that its related to the fact that i have the figure of a blade of grass, but i just hope that gaining weight will help give me strength

I am mostly concerned with the skin problems than the last one because im sure i can fix my strength issue. I just dont wanna look like im 70 when im still 21. I know there must be SOMEONE here that is underweight and maybe has the same skin symptoms i have? Im very desperate and i will take any advice i can get. Please help. I would raelly appreciate whatever advice you guys have.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-20-2005, 01:32 AM   #2
(male)

The Len HB User
Re: Severely underweight..please help

You need to eat several small high protein meals every day. 5 to 6 meals every 2 and a half hours apart. Lots of grilled skinless chicken, scrambled eggs, protein shakes, skinless grilled fish, milk, etc. Make sure you eat either a dark leafy green salad or one vegetable and fruit source with every meal. Drink at least eight glasses of water a day. Join a gym and start lifting heavy weights six times a week if possible Ask the trainer about split routines and say you want to slap on raw muscle weight as fast as possible. At first don't do any cardio. Your metabolism is fast enough. If you want to run, do it only once a week for only a half an hour. Right now concentrate on slowing your metabolism down to put some good weight on.
It's alright you can't lift that much weight cause you are not that strong. We have to start somewhere. The thing is, you are weak now but this will make you strong:

If you can get to a gym try doing this for maximum results:

1. Mon and Thurs - work you back and chest
2. Tues and Fri - work your biceps and triceps
3. Wed and Sat - work your legs and shoulders

Pick 4 different exercises for each body part and pick a weight heavy enough where you can only do 5 to 6 reps of it in one given set. In other words when you have for instance chest and back ..... you pick 4 different exercises that target different angles of your chest like flat bench press, incline butterflies, decline press, incline press. Once you do that, then find 4 different ones for back and repeat the process. Do all exercises slow and breathe properly!!

End each workout with 20 minutes of abs.

If you follow this strictly I guarantee you will see results in a couple months.

Can't help you with your skin problem other than use an organic moisturizer.
Speaking in alternative medicane terms, if you want to try eating a lot of fresh dark colored veges and fruits, green tea, as well as working out, should help a little with the skin. Now if your skin had acne I could help yah but if it's sagging or scaly....sorry dude. I have no idea. Like I said...all I can think of is moisturizer.

Last edited by The Len; 03-20-2005 at 01:35 AM.

Old 05-04-2005, 01:09 PM   #3
(female)

aftacp HB User
Re: Severely underweight..please help

I don't believe that your skin conditions have anything to do with you not gaining weight. Have you seen a doctor? Perhaps you have hyperthyroidism. Hyperthryoidism is having an overworked thyroid, and the thyroid is what controls our metabolism.

Closed Thread