It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-21-2005, 09:45 AM   #1
(male)

Soldat HB User
Thin...fat...thin..muscular...Tips?

Early in my life, i was a very skinny kid. When i got to about 7th grade I pudged up, and then lost it. I was way too skinny for a while, but i still had the stomach skin from my fat days. Well now im working out almost every night, and although Im not very muscular, i'm in great shape and its improving every day. The thing is, i drink Protein/Weight Gainer shakes to help my exercises, because i have a fast metabolism and dont get enough protein in my normal diet. Well, i want that stupid belly pudge to go away, but if i start running, i'll get skinnier all over, which i dont want at all. Im afraid the weight gainer is contributing to my stomach...i do leg lifts and sit ups every other night, but it hasnt completely gone away. Any hints? Thanks!

Old 03-21-2005, 11:30 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Naxis HB User
Re: Thin...fat...thin..muscular...Tips?

Skip the weight gainer and use straight protein. Weight gainers have a lot of overall calories and a ton of sugar. If you dont metabolize sugar well (most of us dont) it can easily lead to fat gain. If you're not using this as a post workout shake, try whey powder, peanut butter and/or flax oil, banana, oatmeal, strawberries, blueberries, lite yogurt etc. You can keep the muscle you have and start to minimize the fat so long as you keep exercising as well. A little cardio will not make you too skinny, and if you start to lose too much weight too fast you can always cut back. You really have to find that line for your body on your own since everyone is different, but keeping protein high will help a lot.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-21-2005, 03:57 PM   #3
(male)

Soldat HB User

Well, i did work out for about a month with just whey protein shakes, but i didnt gain anything. I started to gain muscle after i started using Weight Gainer, and now i put 4 scoops of gainer and 2 scoops of protein into a blender for about 3 shakes. Should i do 4 protein and 2 weight gainer? Maybe 3 of both?

Old 03-21-2005, 10:26 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Naxis HB User

Thats up to you. You're going to have to find your threshold of tolerance. I'd start with more protein, less weight gainer and move from there depending on results (or lack thereof).

Old 03-22-2005, 01:34 PM   #5

HobbZ HB User

I dont have much experience but it seems to me like the whole world of weights and cardio is a graph that goes up and down and up and down and keeps getting closer and closer to the middle line.

The long term aim of every serious bodybuilder is to maintain the middle line (no fat, lots of muscle)

The more you keep doing cardio and weights the closer youll get to the middle line.

Closed Thread