It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-23-2005, 08:25 PM   #1

phillydude HB User
ZMA / Testosterone ??

I've been reading a little bit about "T" lately... and I picked up a bottle of something called "Cyclo Z-Mass" at the GNC today. Of course, the label is full of marketing hype, but from the gist of it, it's a "ZMA based, prohormone free testosterone support complex." Whatever THAT means.

I'm intrigued to find out what it might do for me (or probably more accurately, what it WON'T do for me). Anyone want to offer their experiences and/or opinions on this kind of supplement? Any advice as to cycling this product (the bottle says it's a 30 day supply)? Does this kind of thing require a "loading" period, or should I start feeling it right away?

Thanks in advance.

Old 03-24-2005, 01:28 PM   #2
(male)

alexthegreat HB User
Re: ZMA / Testosterone ??

you take ZMA before you go to bed. Don't drink any calcium 45min before you go to bed. You don't load on ZMA, a 30 day supply means thats how much the bottle will last you. You clearly don't know what ZMA is and how it works so you shouldn't take, till you do your research.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-24-2005, 02:52 PM   #3

phillydude HB User

As I stated in the beginning of my post, I HAVE been doing research on it. I was looking for specific first-hand experience from someone who has used it, or opinions on what benefits (or not) it might have. I asked the "cycling" question because sometimes people who have used the product in question can give you advice beyond what's directed on the bottle... the whole issue of creatine "loading" comes to mind. And perhaps I misused the term "loading" in the last part of my post, where I was looking to find out if there were immediate effects (like you would get with a thermogenic, for example) or if it took several doses/days to start feeling the effects (as is the case with creatine).

Old 03-24-2005, 08:25 PM   #4
(male)

alexthegreat HB User

ok my bad. Used it but it was more of a sleep aid for me.

Old 03-25-2005, 04:27 AM   #5

phillydude HB User

I found a LOT about its use as a sleep aid on the web. Also found it amusing to see several sites touting "Barry Bonds Uses It!" and that one of the major research studies (which evidently has some flaws) was conducted by Victor Balco. I'm going to start with it over the weekend and I'll post up my notes.

Old 03-25-2005, 05:34 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

ChappyBoy HB User

Hey Philly - While I dont have first hand experience with Z I think most in this class are useless. I especially despise Pro-hormones and would rather see people on straight Test or a derivative, its much safer.

Not that I am pro juice - I personally wouldn't touch the stuff but worked with many who do.

Please post your results - are you checking body fat and all stats before and after?

Last edited by ChappyBoy; 03-25-2005 at 05:35 AM.

Old 03-25-2005, 07:31 AM   #7

phillydude HB User

This stuff (Cytodyne "Cyclo Z-Mass") claims to be pre-hormone free.

Stats as of this morning at the gym:

Weight:177 lbs (down from 185 lbs on Jan 1).

Body Fat:18.3% (down from 24.9% on Jan 1).

I haven't done the measurements since Jan 1, but I'll do them this weekend.

Closed Thread